DC / Marvel Universe Online

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by LucidityKJ, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

Oh my god yes, I loved that line. Phyla was definitely a different Quasar ^^. I don't know if the Green Lantern Corp has someone like that ... Maybe Laira, but Phyla is more spunky. Would be fun to see a construct war between Phyla and a Green Lantern ^^

Tokyo, nice. Maybe Madripoor too ... so many possibilities ^^

The X-Mansion would have a lot of potential, what with the huge garden, the multiple underground levels, the hangar ...
    Ohhhh the dark dimension, that would be nice too. It would be the opportunity to see an epic team up between Dr Strange and Dr Fate, against ... well, there's a lot of choice ^^.
    • Like x 1
  2. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

If Marvel comes into DCUO, I would seriously feel invaded. Like that feeling you get when you are in a room, everything is going well, and then someone walks in and ruins that perfect moment, and as they walk in, you feel a cold draft. Marvel would be that cold draft. As cool as it might be, I hope it doesn't happen.
  3. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

That just went to a whole nother place ... I feel dirty ... unclean unclean ... I must shower ... who's got the sandpaper???
    • Like x 2
  4. Pharaoh Dedicated Player

I actually have tons of each in my collection but have always preferred DC. That said I don't think the characters would fit in the same universe well. The moods are just different. Grifter and the rest are struggling to find a good place in DC now. And Martian Manhunter in Stormwatch is just weird.
  5. Dezaras Loyal Player

I wouldn't like it if Disney bought DC. I miss WCW. Might sound obscure but I find it comparable to this.

However if it did happen, I'd prefer "Marvel Universe Online" as a separate game, but compatible with DCUO. Make it different but maintain enough similarities that a crossover DLC would be possible.
    • Like x 1
  6. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

This is genius. Forget what I said before, this is how it needs to happen :)
  7. GeoShock New Player

I hope that never happens. It would never ever want Disney to have anything to do with DC animated movies.
  8. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

Agreed, I'd prefer they be kept separate also. I don't want the same company responsible for all. We'd basically see a lot of the same styles, and I feel like a lot of artistic diversity would disappear. However, IF it happened...

I'm now torn on having two separate games with a crossover DLC or just having one massive game. UGH. Why did you have to make my theory better and put me in this emotional conundrum? lol
  9. John Brawler Committed Player

gotta be completely honest, if there was a seperate MUO, i would jump ship immediately to switch to it. no offense i like dc, but i've always loved marvel... plus, marvel execs aren't exactly as picky with how games and media use their characters compared to dc. so the whole "cant have that mask, can't have the emblem, can't have this power" thing might be less of an issue.
    • Like x 4
  10. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Yea, who wants to see stuff that's actually animated.o_O
    • Like x 1
  11. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

There is no source on the internet that talk about Disney and DCUO. While it's fun to gossip, please, avoid spreading "rumors" that are only in your head XD. DC and Marvel can't exist in the same universe, outside the periodical crossover comics. Speculations are pointless.
  12. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

Awwww don't kill my dreams man T_T
    Seriously though, you're right, the odds of this happening ... well it won't happen, no matter how much we may want it.
    Meh, with all the IronMen, Captains America and Hulks I meet in game, it's like we're there already ^^

On a side note, I like your sig :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Thanks. Sorry for being a party-pooper :-D.
  14. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

Although there's nothing online about Disney and DCUO, there is speculation of Disney buying the rights to DC, just like they did for Marvel. This isn't speculation that I simply made up in my head, it's other peoples' speculations as well.
  15. TheWhiteFace New Player

• Like x 1