DC / Marvel Universe Online

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by LucidityKJ, Oct 3, 2014.

1. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

That would be EPIC! Billy Batson and Carol Danvers just exchanging glares and sneers at one another the entire game. So much bitterness! Hahahahahaha
  2. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

There's only one Captain Marvel ...
    AND ITS THIS GUY :D
    [IMG]
    Or this guy :D
    [IMG]
    :p
    • Like x 1
  3. Nuubia Well-Known Player

No..just no, no, no.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with one corporation trying to acquire and dominate all cultural institutions/ media/ mythologies/ storytelling?

I like Disney, they have record of putting out exceptional work, but no corporation should have that much of a global "monopoly on culture", if you will. Interesting read HERE
  4. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

I'm not saying I 100% agree with Disney buying out DC. I'm merely saying.... if they do.
  5. Aren Sul Committed Player

Couldn't agree more. My favorite example of what that can lead to is the recent Saving Mr. Banks movie. Good story, great acting, but it's revisionist history. The scene where she cries in the movie is, shall we say, misleading. Truth is, she did cry. But she cried because she was so upset and angry with how Disney changed her version of the character.

And that's why you don't let one person (company) have exclusive rights to storytelling
  6. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

She was also so upset that she backed out of the 4 movie deal Disney wanted her to sign. They wanted the entire Marry Poppins book line. But she HATED it so much she told Disney she'd never speak to him again.
  7. Mont New Player

Luci
    Where u been hiding?

Dunno if wb is that desperate to sale something that makes if a ton of $
  8. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

They will sell off anything to anyone for any reason. Just what i saw when I worked there ... but true.
  9. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Well if this happens at least we might see Superman kick Hulks big fat ###
  10. Mont New Player

But they didn't sell u,
  11. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

They kinda did ... :( ... sold me off to unemployment ... then asked me to come back ... which I did not
  12. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

Mont, I've been literally building a house. Well, a mobile home, but still. :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

Or this girl :

[IMG]

But to be honest I prefer Phyla as Quasar :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I did prefer Phyla as Quasar rather than Captain Marvel ... however, I prefer Quasar to be Wendel Vaughn myself ...
    [IMG]
  15. dngnb8 Devoted Player

I would agree with this. The other poster who thinks the childrens channel ruins Marvel is just sniffing airplane glue. Disney has a long history of quality product on many levels. The Avengers was a huge success. Captain America being dovetailed in with SHIELD was great story telling.

That being said, I agree with Nuubia on principle. I just really do not like Monopoly's

I just do not think that was the posters point of his post. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe his question is more about the integrations of the heroes together in the game.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mont New Player

Cool :)
  17. John Brawler Committed Player

but, those are technically two different people as the top one is mar-vell and the bottom is genis-vell.
  18. Alex Denton Dedicated Player

Wendel is my fav too, but it was refreshing to switch to someone else for a while. When I first saw her in the new costume, I was immediately sold. Her sword was pretty cool too :)

[IMG]

And there was this one time when MoonDragon was transformed into an actual dragon, and Phyla rode her while leading an army of space barbarian against the cyborgs of the Phalanx, that was so freaking epic XD

But back to the topic at hand. In the spirit of DCUO, what do you think should be the main maps of a MUO ? New York is a given. I'd like to see some exotic maps, like the blue zone on the Moon. Ohhhh the Wakanda and the savage land, we would so need this places :)

I think he knows that. But those two were still Captain Marvel, and so was Phyla Vell
  19. John Brawler Committed Player

i'm just saying he said "only one" and "this guy"

also, as for maps, i'm thinking they'd also include the nevada desert, x-mansion, and asteroid m as alert or raid instances since these areas can be big focuses on x-men and hulk based events. oh, and possibly the dark dimension of the dread dormammu for dr. strange content.
    • Like x 1
  20. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Yeah, I'd have posted a pic of Phyla also, but I had forgotten that she (briefly) carried the name Captain Marvel.

Don't forget her awesome "You want a construct war? You got a construct war!" moment against the Adaptoid!

Starter maps should be New York (featuring Hells' Kitchen, central Manhattan (where Spidey Swings)) and DC. Though I can see LA and Seattle being contenders. For DLC and add ons: Blue Area (absolutely!), Savage Land, Wakanda, Tokyo, AND Avengers Tower and A.I.M. Headquaters as the HQs.
    • Like x 1