DC Lore (Earth 3) questions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrStoob, Dec 22, 2020.

1. MrStoob Well-Known Player

If this is the wrong place to post this, please move. Seemed a bit more specific than 'off topic'.

I couldn't afford to read the entire back catalogue of DC but there's a few queries I have about the lore of Earth 3. I've checked out various DC Lore vids but they don't cover what I'm looking for.

Are the Olympian gods the same entities across the multiverse, or does each universe have its own gods?

Is Lois Lane (Superwoman) actually the equivalent of Earth Prime's Diana, or just Lois Lane with Amazon powers? In which case, how did she get those powers - Hyppolita + clay + Zeus or something else?

I vaguely recall something about Superwoman wiping out the Amazons with Ares' help - is that correct or did I dream that? lol

In case you're wondering, I write fan fiction and have dabbled with DC before (CN: Fusion Fall crossover) but Earth 3 and the CSA has really caught my imagination. I've a story in mind but would like these loose ends tied up before I commit.

Thanks!
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

The CSA tends to get retconned with each of their appearances according to whats needed to tell the story at hand so I wouldn't worry about adhering that strictly to continuity.

The Earth 3 wiki page is pretty good for all the basic info.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth-Three
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

To your Superwoman question, long story short, she's an Earth-3 Amazon that left Themyscira and took Lois Lane's identity. If there was an original Lois Lane on Earth-3 assume that Superwoman killed her.

There have been different versions of an Earth-3 Superwoman and in one of those versions I believe she did wipe out her sisters.

I'm not 100% sure about your first question but the Sphere of the Gods exists outside of the multiverse. So I would assume there aren't multiple copies of the same deity.
    • Like x 2
  4. MrStoob Well-Known Player

I mainly wondered about the gods place in the multiverse because I would have assumed that at least Athena - as patron of the Amazons - may have intervened if it appeared they may be wiped out. Then again, she may have been forced to wash her hands of them by Zeus, what with the notion that Earth 3 and its ilk are destined to be corrupt.

Obviously in fan fic, one has carte blanche to do whatever one likes but I personally like to base my stuff at least somewhere near canon.

Either way, thanks all for the info!
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i vaguely remember reading that all the mythological gods are singular entities within the multiverse and what we see are only aspects and avatars so the Earth One Zeus who gave the small statue of Diana life is the same Zeus who helps power Captain Marvel on Earth S as the "Z" in Shazam.

Its all subject to interpretation.

If I remember correctly the Superwoman who wiped out the amazons was from Morrisons "Earth 2" graphic novel and was only mentioned, not seen.
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

I could be wrong but when they re-launched Earth 2 in the New 52 (the quasi JSA version) didn't they clarify that it was the same Darkseid attacking Earth 2 as well as Earth 1?

If so then it would stand to reason that all the various pantheons exist outside the multiverse itself.

I remember this came up also in Marvel specifically in the Exiles series where they established that the Asgardians were a singular in their existence. Of course that directly conflicts with the Marvel Zombies series as Thor was zombified.

PRE EDIT: Actually before posting I remember DC put up the following which at least at that point confirms the above

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. inferno Loyal Player

The simplest answer to all your questions: Whatever the story needs it to be.

To make it more complicated would be trying to make sense of DC lore. Tukuan's image is what DC is trying to stick by. As you can see, the Sphere of the gods is outside of the multiverse. It should be just 1 set of Gods but in Earth2, the Olympian gods were killed by Darkseid. Hermes, as he was dying, gave his gift to Garrick; turning him into the Flash of Earth 2.
    Ares was killed by Batman in the Dark Multiverse, who later killed the rest of the Pantheon . I don't even want to talk about Dark Father.
    • Like x 1
  8. Starblast Well-Known Player

Well...I would have to say that going off of my logic they are just gods of that universe/earth. I mean, if you think about it; Take Hades for example. God of the Underworld. He lives there. Same with Poseidon/Atlantis/Etc. Which is partially what separates why the New Gods always refer to them as Old Gods. It also allows the people of the Fourth World to be outside of the multiverse and explain why the lanterns are assigned to all the sectors and all of that stuff. So each different area of the multiverse may not even have Greek Gods. Or you could even argue that they all took refuge from one world to another for the sake of writing fan fiction/your own story.

It's been a hot minute but I remember most of the Greek stuff largely appeared in the Wonder Woman comics. Which sidebar- I do really remember enjoying when Circe was empowering all of Wonder Woman's villains. I remember I believe she gave Cheetah the ability to access the speedforce and then she teemed up with Zoom-ReverseFlash. Circe though really had bad/generic outfits during some of these times though which I did not like. Her best is probably the ones in this game and the days where she had the green outfit and purple hair. But again, they all changed up their looks sooo many times. I think Circe is now in Justice League Dark and I dunno. maybe it's good but I'm not feeling that look. Also, I must say I love the way the Greek Gods are designed in this game. All look and voice acted perfectly.
    • Like x 1