Daybreak Winter Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

I’d say ‘accused’ is a strong way to see a random opinion, but if that’s what you see, all good. I was referring to all the time not just in this thread. I can see from your other posts that you’re feeling argumentative, so I’ll let the others participate while I popcorn.
    • Like x 2
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Life time is a personal choice, for me I went with it. Financially, I see it as the better option in the long wrong. Unless the game shuts down in a year or year in a half, I will loose money. But if it last longer then 20 months, I'm saving money. I don't know, maybe I read it wrong because I basically skimmed at it instead of actually reading it, I also believe it's for all daybreak games, and not just one.
    • Like x 2
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

My father sold our business for 8 figures as well. Do you think Daybreak is worth 8 figures?
  4. sharpy36 Active Player

Latest reply:

"If you are hoping to take advantage of the sales before they end. I wish I could tell you exactly when it will be resolved but since I can't, I have an idea.

If you can reply back with a list of exactly what you wanted to buy along with the expected price point, we can make an effort to try and get you the items my friend. It may have to be a full price purchase and partial refund on the Daybreak Cash sort of thing. We do not normally do this but I thought it would be a nice way to try and make it right.

Simply get back to me with the exact item name as listed in the shop and expect price point my friend and I will be sure to reply back again if we get any news. Take care and have fun playing in the meantime."

Mepps, do I actually have to go through the market and make a shopping list, or will you be able to get this resolved before the sale ends? Thanks.
  5. Bladejack Level 30

It looks to have been raised from 4000 to 6000 total across all the games
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yeah, and I am probably old enough to be your father too. What your father did has nothing to do with what you or I do.

If I'm not mistaken. Didn't you stop playing DCUO a few months ago. Why are you still here spreading negativity about a sale DCUO/Daybreak is pushing if you are not a player? IMO it looks as if your trying to make them fail.
    • Like x 1
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

ODD yes but I think they came to their senses on this sale.

IMO, it's a good thing and Daybreak should look into bringing this lifetime membership out periodically. Especially in order to help bring in more long term PC customers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What does my account status have to do with my opinion of a membership sale for an 8 year old game?

I have clearly expressed why I think it's a bad deal, far from spreading emotional diatribes or subtle/not-subtle insults. I have even pointed out why some people might view it as desirable.

Am I getting in the way of you expressing your opinion in a well-reasoned, calm way? No. I have said multiple times that you're entitled to your opinion as well. However, you seem to be bothered by the fact that others may have a different take on things. I will alert you that I am this close to reporting you, so you may want to choose how you respond carefully.

Finally, as I have said multiple times, if a person reading these forums isn't mature enough to read both sides of the argument, and come to their own informed conclusion over what they want to do, then they have no business handling money in the first place. So please stop with the "you're spreading negativity!!!" shtick.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Did you even read my first post in this thread? Where I commended them for extending the sale to allow others to have the chance to participate?
  10. Brit Loyal Player

Considering that the Daybreak Lifetime membership includes Everquest, a game that is literally 20 years old, I do not think that we need to worry about DCUO closing any time soon. Even if the game drifts more towards maintenance mode, I believe they'll keep it open, because they have the servers to run it, and all they have to do to keep it profitable is put less money into it than what people are paying. If memberships and marketplace purchases start to dwindle, they'll either sell more stuff, or they'll invest less money into the game, but either way, it stays profitable. If the game reaches the point where it's only pulling in a few thousand dollars per month, they won't make anything new, but they'll still keep it up and milk what money they can out of it. That's just good business sense, especially for these multi-game companies who are going to be running servers to cover their multiple games either way.

And to be perfectly honest, the game is actually not in as terrible shape as many people want to claim. We're getting new chapters basically quarterly. Compare that to the early game under SOE. Were you aware that there was over a year between when Prime Battleground dropped and the Paradox raid? Now that was a serious content drought. Compared to that, these quarterly Episodes are pretty dang impressive. Daybreak has actually done quite a bounce back from where SOE had the game.

Daybreak just made well over a million dollars on these Lifetime Memberships. That is not a company in it's death throes. That is a company changing it's marketing strategy. It's not too far a shift from the mentality of going free-to-play. With FTP, the idea was to push more of the purchases towards an a la carte marketplace transactions that would be attractive to both subscribers and free-players alike. As with most FTP games, the microtransactions are a bigger source of revenue than the subscriptions. So giving up a number of monthly subscriptions doesn't greatly damage the bottom dollar, because even those Lifetime Players will continue to make purchases through the Marketplace, which is the real source of revenue. Heck, right now there are multiple threads on the forums from people who want to do Lifetime, and also want to do the 1 year deal just for the unique Materials. They are dropping $200 extra basically just for a couple of styles and some Daybreak Cash regardless of their sub time. Those Lifetime Subscribers are not going to flatly stop paying just because they got their lifetime membership.

And the last point to consider, when considering lost earnings and whatnot, like Brice pointed out a subscriber who then plays for over 3 years will have "got their money's worth" out of the lifetime deal. They do reach a point where they have used up all the months they would have paid for with the same amount of money, and instead are now getting subscription bonuses for free. HOWEVER, that only happens after 36 months of gameplay where they would have otherwise been subscribing. Every player who buys the lifetime, and quits in a year, or plays for a month when each new episode drops and then takes a 2 month break while waiting for the next one, everybody who otherwise wouldn't have been sub'd for those 36 months on the month-by-month basis, will in fact have paid MORE than they would have by just doing their monthly sub. That is a part of the marketing algorithm. And I would bet good money that more of the lifetime players will not play for the next 36 months straight than the number that will. New games come out, people bounce around, leave and come back, get bored, feel nostalgic, return for new content, and ultimately come and go. A lot of us here have taken at least one serious break. With a lifetime membership, you paid for your time, even if you never use it.

It's like going to a buffet. Sure, some guy will eat $50 of brisket for their $20 buffet price, but when their wife eats a $2 salad and then claims she's full, and the kids eat one piece of fried chicken and then a bowl of ice cream for about $3, the restaurant still wins because most people are paying for more than they use, even if a few people do manage to 'beat the system'.
    • Like x 6
  11. myandria Item Storage

Hm...

Ha..Ahhhaahahaaa!

Sorry I have to laugh.

If I didn't have medical expense priorities I would definitely purchase the PC Daybreak Lifetime Membership. For those who have an issue with the value of DCUO for the cost of Lifetime, I suggest taking a look at Everquest; it is almost a 20 year old game that will now have Lifetime Members. I can personally tell you, I was between shocked and miffed when I heard about the Lifetime Membership offer for the PC. Next year will be my 19th year with the game; I should have a Lifetime Membership by default by now.. LOL!:p
  12. Sivulla Dedicated Player

13. BumblingB I got better.

I know, but I was referring to his dynamic here at DBG.
  14. phatkiller2020 New Player

I can't seem to find either of the playstation deals in the DCUO Marketplace or the PS4 store.

Anyone else having this issue ?
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Go to the PS Store, go to all add ons, filter from newest to oldest. Should be near the top.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Kinda feel the same way: butt only started playing EQ1 in around 2003, signed up to All Access in 2005 when EQ2 started, if had the $300USD lumpsum right now, probably would go for the Lifetime Deal
  17. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Three years ago we were saying it wasn’t gonna make it 3 years,,, like i said long ago & will say now.. dcuo has tons of potential but its greatest downfall is the pvp was forgotten & the pve doesn’t get game changing updates frequent enough..... there are a lot of powers left im confused why we had to beg for water & beg for atlantis... i play smite & u know, if the community as a majority wants a change or skin it happens.. more then half the time
  18. Soul Dedicated Player

Willing to pay good money for more of this, instead.
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thing is, does DCUO need more powers? POO, butt no, what DCUO is in desperate need of, is players who know half of what the heck they are supposed to be doing
    PVP is crap, that's why it was scrapped, long may it remain so
    • Like x 1
  20. Kuno Loyal Player

I know, but still seems too little for having a lifetime plan going on, don't you think? At least for DCUO players, if you play other Daybreak games its a great offer but not for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.