Daybreak Winter Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alina Well-Known Player

Might want to invest in a abacus. One indie MMO isn't every other. Nor is the thread derailed, please try to slacken those self proclaimed moderator boots off.

See you next year. Happy trails.
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

When thousands of people do something and one person has a problem, that doesn't make it a "scam." The world does not revolve around you.
    • Like x 1
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Are you still in school?
    Are you on winter break?
    Do you understand that a lot of companies take time off during the holidays as well?

Be patient and it will get sorted out. They are more than likely working with a skeleton crew because of the holidays.
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You have to claim the bonuses from the Redeem/Claim button in the Marketplace - did you do that? There should be a box in there called Winter Bonus Box or something like that.
  6. Drezzer New Player

Yes i have done that.and there still wasn't anything there.
  7. DCUO Post Loyal Player

How many is available this time?
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You only start saving at 19 months because you're comparing it to the least cost-effective way of subbing. You would already save considerably by switching to a year's subscription. This isn't a legitimate comparison for purposes of financial benefit.
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It's a terrible deal in my eyes. I'm glad you think it's a great deal for your personal circumstances, and my comments aren't intended to prevent people who aren't necessarily interested in the most cost-effective solution, but instead in convenience, to play the game the way they want.
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Ohh,........ but you are mistaken. It is players like me that will buy the lifetime memberships. It is the players like me that they (Daybreak) are looking to get sales from not the ones that pay annually. The ones that are paying annually have already committed and are paying customers. You're just looking for an excuse and nothing more.
  11. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

It’s probably a last-limbs cash grab. Fingers crossed for those who still play that it’s not, though. I’d rather be wrong for their sake.
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Well your comments are coming off as don't buy this because it sucks whether you realize it or not.

Just as comments like this need to be removed from the forums for spreading negativity and trying to make the company look bad.
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is a common misconception in business, similar to what happened with the recent tax cuts for businesses.

"We're going to have so much money to reinvest in the business/raise wages/hire new employees/take on new projects!!!"

After receiving tons of capital savings from tax cuts:

"Hmmm... hire new workers, take on large projects ... or... record massive profits for our board of directors and pay out excellent corporate salaries?!!!" I think you know what decision most companies make, lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Because my opinion is that it does suck. But that's my opinion.

You have a right to your opinion as well. If you like the lifetime, then go for it. Perhaps you're more convinced that the game will last for 3+ years than I am, in which case you would be totally correct to call it an excellent deal.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What makes you think this? Aside from your personal feelings, of course.

What convincing evidence do you have that someone who is afraid to commit to even a year's subscription will magically opt for $300 in payments?
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Lowest unemployment in ages & the lowest unemployment of minorities ever but lets keep spreading nonsense like it's the truth. You are so misguided & misinformed that it just confirms more than a couple things.

You just need to quit because you're just spreading negativity and a negative outlook and nothing more.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I don't want to derail the thread, but if you're going to insult my intelligence, here you go:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...-windfall-hint-they-didnt-spend-it-2018-05-30
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/now-we-know-how-major-corporations-are-spending-tax-cuts.html
  18. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Hate to be that guy, but it would probably behoove companies like DBG to listen to people like me who probably spent most people’s mortgage payment on this game, since they are looking for more revenue after all, and not less. Will they? Nah. I’m cool with it. It’s up to them to not choose NPS and CSI-like metrics to drive their decision making, and it is what it is.
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You're joking right. You just accused DBG of making a last ditch money grab.
    • Like x 1
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Are you the director of a large corporation?
    Care to regale us with your point of view of how companies use increased capital?

You're free to express your point of view, and I'm free to share mine, backed as it is by financial data, I might add.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckj...x-cuts-havent-spiked-job-growth/#33fe01a32df9

If someone can't handle both sides of the story when making a decision, then it's a pretty sad world we're living in.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.