Daybreak Winter Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Allen Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  2. Juanzie231 New Player

I paid for 10,000 marketplace cash several days ago and it's still pending. What's going on daybreak ?
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Oh my. This is gong to hurt them in the long run. If there is a long run.
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How so???
  5. Extinction Active Player

YES!!! I truly hope we get at least 3 more years of DC UO <3
    It'd be better if due to Popular Demand this LifeTime Access was offered on the PSN though ;)
    • Like x 2
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

In roughly 3 years, if DC or any other game that someone buys Lifetime for is still going, Daybreak will essentially be paying those players to play the games. Since those players will be getting 500 Station Cash every month + membership perks.

That being said, I will be shocked and amazed if DCUO is still around in 3 years, but who knows, anything is possible.
    • Like x 2
  7. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Unlesssss they find a way to monetize the games so much even lifetimers are inclined to shell in more moneys to play these wonderful and stress free products.
    • Like x 3
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The sarcasm is strong with this one.

I like it. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

they've already done it, have a think about what the existing life timers already just recently wanted ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. inferno Loyal Player

They never should have done the 4000 limit anyway. I think it was just a marketing gimmick to add to its specialness. I'm not surprised that more people are interested in it, I think it's a great deal. Lasting another 3 years is definitely an easily attainable lifespan for this game, although, 5 years may be a stretch and would require some major efforts and overhaul. And I think this deal will only hurt daybreak after 3 years IF the playerbase were to remain static and declining. It Is up to Marketing and the Devs to get NEW players into the game. Let's be honest, the trend of loot boxes ARE becoming the norm in the gaming industry. Daybreak only needs to ride the wave for what was once outrageous to become normal and accepted.

If this had been offered to the ps4, I would have bought mine within a minute.
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i have a hard time believing there are 4,000 people playing this game let alone buying life time subs.

i don't mean to begrudge the success of the sale. as harsh as i've been on the game (and i still am) i do love it, wish it was a success and living up to its "potential" but shyeah right thats happening any day now...

from what ive gathered we still have a lot of new blood coming into the game, maybe even more than the past few years. however as usual nobody sticks around for long. whats changed post revamp (and it isnt only the revamps fault) is we're losing vets too. This is why everything feels slower and dumber. Leveling missions show signs of life. Event content pops quickly. Everything in between is dead.

I can only imagine being a new player and grabbing the lifetime sub with the way things are now...or even worse like the ones who bought the year long sub only to have to wait almost the whole year for new content...
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

It spans across all of Daybreak's games, not just 4,000 DCUO subs.
    • Like x 4
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

now it makes sense.
    • Like x 1
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They're making it to 8 years post Beta when nobody thought they'd make it past year one (before AND after PSN hack) or after year 2/3/4/5/6 and now 7. ;):D
    • Like x 2
  15. sharpy36 Active Player

I sent my ticket number in a PM. Please let me know if you got it, or if you want me to post it here as well.
  16. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Ticket number?
  17. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Ticket number sent in a PM. Thank you, sir, for your time. Please let me know if you need anything else or if it should be put here.
  18. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

Two of the classic weapons of influence are scarcity and urgency.

Scarcity - pretend there are only a limited quantity of something available ie 4,000

Urgency - set an arbitrary cut off point ie 31st December

Further examples:

Scarcity - new content

Urgency - time capsule release schedule
  20. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Odd? Of course not. Its a tried and tested sales strategy, used to great effect especially in the digital age.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.