Daybreak, please just put villains and heroes chat together.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianatique, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Dianatique Well-Known Player

Like there should be an option to see heroes and villains chat together, so that people can message each other, it is so divided which doesn't make any sense at ALL, villains and heroes has to fight along side all the damn time.
    It's time to change Daybreak, and it's time to do it NOW.
    • Like x 15
  2. Batrederik Dedicated Player

that would be something..

YES *DEVS* make it happen *please*
    • Like x 1
  3. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I can understand people wanting this, especially in the contents where both are basically fighting against a common enemy. I know there is the 'Versus' channel, too.
    • Like x 2
  4. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

It's been long enough that I'm disappointed of seeing Episodes where Heroes and Villains work against each other. I see most of the content are related to Heroes . And at most there is a Villain standing next to heroes chamber, that other villains are supposed to go and talk to. So I don't see why they can't talk together.
    • Like x 3
  5. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

yes i totally agree this will help inviting villains into raids when they do not have the numbers.. then the other way around for villians they can always ask for roles for diffrent raids while they inside and directly invite heroes over into raids :!

hope butaba reads this thread and makes something happen !:cool:
    • Like x 1
  6. Lowtie New Player

There will be the minority of diehards that don’t want this but it would make the game more social. Maybe an option to turn it on or off. I personally vote yes for this.
    • Like x 5
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Just a little back story to this feature. From what I remember being told way back in the day of the first few months of the game, this was allowed during Beta and first week or so of the game being Live. However, it was abused GREATLY by both Heroes and Villains to troll and talk absolute crap to each other non-stop. So much to the point, the Developers turned it off asap.

That being said, I don't believe DCUO has anywhere near the number of active players the game had during that time so it is probably safe to turn such a feature back on at this point. Sure, we will have those that abuse it but I feel like overall it will be a useful and pleasant addition to the game. The only reason I would ever say no to such a feature is if they actually started making Villains more villainous by giving them their own missions and not content made for Heroes while just altering which NPC they speak with. Because right now, DCUO Villains are more or less Anti-Heroes in the end.
    • Like x 4
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I've expressed my feelings on this topic before but here we go again.....

When you consider how much content we have where the villains and heroes are doing the exact same mission and have the exact same objective just in the daily outdoor missions alone it just makes sense to combine the LFG. Think about it in Chaos Gotham alone we have a total of four weekly missions (Shogg, Golem, Pods and Motes) and more than half the time, depending on the day, as team form and the battle begins you have each faction fighting side by side to defeat the beasts and grab the rewards. Now add in the fact that between duos, alerts and raids, since they made it possible to blind que, and have teams with both factions why not just combine the LFG and allow players to build teams with both heroes and villains?

Not so sure about just flat out combining all chats since that would mean a player could be on the LFG trying to find or build a team to take down Lord Shogg and have to deal with a ton of "trash talk" between players looking for a PvP fight. LOL we get enough of that in shout just between heroes looking to take on one another without adding even more. But I do feel the LFG needs to reflect the game's set up more.
    • Like x 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's not really the number of players out there, though. It's the bile that comes out of the ones that are around.

Time and again players in the same faction have shown they can't even play nice with one another in chat, so why would things be any different bringing opposing factions together?
    • Like x 2
  10. Lowtie New Player

A lot of the heros you play with are villains too so no matter what, you’re going to get trash talk. Hero’s or villains, we are all people on here so you get the good and the bad.
    • Like x 1
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[VHS] = Villains/Hero Shout

[VHLFG] = Villains/Hero Looking for Group

[VHCDITPH] = Villains/Heroes Coming Down In Three Part Harmony
    • Like x 4
  12. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Here I was thinking that a majority would like more of a recruitment to the villain side, I wouldn't have thought that combining chat would help improve them numbers.

After all, if I could just make a hero to run content I then could still chat with villains, it only leaves the few missions in levelling that are different that has the separations.

I can only assume that not many care for role playing or being a true villain, I would have asked for more heist or something that actually a villain would do other than saving the world or helping heroes.

I guess we heroes have been successful in stopping the communication, now if we can build a facility that is far far away we can finally work on newer players again just incase things change.
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Since you began an account in 2014, here is a 2014 tutorial video about chat.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q= dcuo vs chat&p=1&iie=1
    :p
  14. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Ive trolled 5v5 chat for years if you need a inv add me in gamd
  15. Dianatique Well-Known Player

Lovely to see that everyone is agreeing at this suggestion, thanks! :)
    • Like x 2
  16. SigmaAtom Committed Player

I agree with this to some extent.. but if you bring the bad with the good.. we get the good with the bad right?
    What I'm saying it'll be as mixed as the factioned community is now.. personally, a [Versus Shout] wouldn't be too bad a thing.. just ready up your ignore button :)
    • Like x 1
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

being able to /tell something would help. forming groups too,
    since logging out/in with alts for an invite is kind of annoying.
    • Like x 3
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I just think we need to prove to the devs that we can play nice with our own factions before they would consider letting us mingle with the other side, that's all.
  19. Nodens Dedicated Player

"Doesn't make any sense at ALL"?
    So.... Preventing the chat channels from becoming even MORE toxic doesn't make sense to you?
    I'm sorry, bro, but it is NOT time to clog our chat screens with even more insults and foul language. There's already too much of that going on between the PvPers, often scrolling through the chat screen so fast that there's no time to read actually useful or important chat.
    I have no problem with being able to invite members of the other faction into groups, and then being able to chat with them while we're grouped (I actually think those would be fantastic ideas), but channel-wide communication was tried before, with disastrous results.
    Years ago, there was a player-made chat channel created specifically for what you want, and a LOT of people joined, from both the hero and villain side. I don't know if it still exists, but, if not, it wouldn't be hard to replace. What I do know is that I edited it out of my settings because letting the two factions communicate freely turned out to be a VERY bad idea. Private tells between the two were just as bad.
    I really am sorry to have to vote against your idea, but I've experienced the result, and I really don't want that starting up again, much less becoming a permanent thing.
    • Like x 1
  20. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

lol the chat does not be clogged unless you are in the watchtower standing around with the "PvPers"you can easily switch out of shout chat or have a chat where only tells show lol iS yOuR siG wOrtHy oF bEiNg "toxic"? Im not trynna debate YOUR opinion just found it quite soft bro..
    • Like x 2