Daybreak not taking advantage of the PS5 power or SSD?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Nov 14, 2020.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

If you’re disappointed with your PS5, you have to get creative:

• Like x 1
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I didn't say you believed it, I was talking about the logic of the people you mentioned.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

This is...probably the best thing I've seen all week.
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I guess we both agree on that but I think the problem is that DCUO is considered a PS2 game through memes on game forums not necessarily through facts.
    • Like x 1
  5. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

All I can say to this is..... just.....no...lol
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Mepps, please be merciful senpai.
  7. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

It never will take advantage - You have to understand PC have been using SSD for last decade and i can confidently say PS5 will not make any MAJOR change. Perhaps 1-2 seconds quicker loading?

There is this unrealistic expectation DCUO will be better with new hardware lol The engine is outdated and could never take advantage of current gen hardware. Oh, the PS5 is properly 6 years behind pc standards....food for thought.
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It's actually not. It's gpu performance is in line with 2080ti's I believe. Since consoles are closed platforms it can produce a bit more. Unless you are talking about tech outside the grasp of even most enthusiasts.
    • Like x 3
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Someone who isn't spending a decent sum on a graphics card and cpu probably isn't by definition an "enthusiast".

Nevertheless you're right, the consoles as they currently stand aren't terrible, but as is the nature of consoles they're locked, you can't upgrade them outside of storage, so in a few years it'll be incredibly obsolete from a technical perspective, but this always occurs during the cycle of a console generation.

I mean as you'll no doubt know, the PS5 and Xbox looked incredibly good until AMD and Nvidia released their new graphics cards a few months back and the console got smashed.
    • Like x 2
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Fortnite looks absolutely amazing with its ps5 upgrade. Im hoping they phase out ps4 faster then they did ps3 so that theres no excuse. Yea some people would be out of dcuo for a lil while till they can afford a ps5.. but if we wait 4 years to phase out last gen thats 4 years of use being held back by that software.

I think that if in January they say everyone has 2 years to get a ps5 before they phase out, that would be more then enough time.
  11. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Warframe upgraded their engine for ps5 they wasted no time upgrading for next gen. Next is path of exile and a few other mmos. So if dcuo doesn't go down this road aswell this game will simply not make it much longer after january
  12. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

If this is the case, then why did Sony make the PS5 backwards compatible? The company could have easily kept their new console current gen and forced game companies and developers to deal with it.

Sony recognizes that the PS4 is still selling well and that many game companies and developers will not/cannot take advantage of the PS5 right away. The PS4 is not going anywhere for the next 2-5 years, so that gives time for larger, more complex games like DCUO to work on that upgrade.

Remember, Warframe is basically an action shooter online multiplayer game and those types of games can upgrade to new hardware/software faster than most other types of games. You cannot compare upgrading a shooter game to upgrading an RPG game and DCUO is a superhero action MMORPG game that is hard set in the world of DC comics.

Final Fantasy Online (cross-platform) is also taking advantage of the PS5 backwards compatibility and that is a beautiful looking game as it is.
    • Like x 1
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Ehhh I'd argue that Warframe was doing a lot more under the hood than DCUO is. DCUOs problem is that during development the programmers broke the rule of writing code in a way that future you will be happy. It's why a lot of quality of life request aren't possible. The source code wasn't exactly designed to be easily modular and they don't have the team size or budget to undertake such projects.
    • Like x 1
  14. CypherXone Committed Player

With the last news, it looks like Daybreak ain't doing jack. They just got sold.

Maybe now somebody would actually put some respect into this game.