Daybreak cash cards and Steam

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Minnion, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Minnion Devoted Player

So some questions about daybreak cash cards and the future of Daybreak cash in general...

1.Will we ever see the return of the $15.00 prepaid cards?
    2.Is there any chance of being allowed buy DLC with Daybreak cash?(Or at least being able to buy DLC with our prepaid cards directly instead of redeaming it all for Daybreak cash.)
    3.What about being able Subscription through Steam without using a credit card? Any chance of that happening?
    4.Any plans to get the prepaid cards into wall-mart?
    5.How much longer before all of the Game-Stops are expected to carry the Daybreak prepaid cards?
  2. TestReporter Loyal Player

Same question here, Buying membership in non daybreak websites is not cheap and prevent me from spending money on daybreak cash :(.
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

1. Sadly, I doubt it. It seems their idea is for higher priced cards, since they now only come in $25 and $50 increments. Seems one thing is still left over form the Sony days, they want all of our credit cards numbers.
    2. This wont happen, they were losing money in the past but that was when they had bonus SC specials and they ended those before they stopped SC for DLCs. I have made many requests for a direct buy on the main site with the prepaids but no clue if they saw those or if they are even thinking about it.
    3. No idea, thought they use to but I could be wrong, don't use Steam.
    4. It would make sense to at some point have them there but there is no telling what kind of hoops Wal-Mart could make them jump threw.
    5. Game Stop was one of the first 3 store that the cards were going to be in on the October 12th release date, so if any of your stores don't have them that must be on the stores end of things.

In the announcement thread of the cards I had asked about Target and was told that they would be there in November and all of the Targets in my area do now have them. So if you have that store there is another place for you to check.
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

Sadly I do not have a Target in my area... Maybe if they could strike a deal with Mejjer...

Would also be nice to get some official answers rather than be left to speculate about what is going on behind the scenes... Even if it was just a "We've read your post." post...
  5. Fies Committed Player

• Like x 1
  6. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Devs should realy do something to give or trade save way DB cash or allaccess here in DCUO .
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

Being able to buy DLC with daybreak cash would also make the purchase of daybreak cash far more appealing to me.
    • Like x 1
  8. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

@2: They will never do this again, as it allowed members to cancel their subs & buy the DLCs anyway without spending an additional dime. Which means less reason to re-sub.
    @3: As I refuse to give away my credit card data for things like this, as long as they keep to this model, I will never ever sub again.
    @4: This should definitely happen. I myself and many others I knew used to pay their memberships via SOE game passes, respectively Paypal when it was still possible...
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

1.Monthly content.
    2.I doubt there are any subscribers that have enough Daybreak cash hoarded to never need to spend another dime to get what they want ever again if they drop sub.(They might get away with playing end game content for "Free" for a month or two if they are lucky before either needing to buy more daybreak cash or buy sub up again... This of course me assuming that the marketplace isn't a complete failure when it comes to getting players to spend their daybreak cash. An assumption based in part on the existence of replay badges, and past complaints on the forums about how Subscribers didn't get a second armory for "free" with their sub.)
    3.I'm assuming that anyone who pays a minimum of ten bucks a month to play the game would continue to do so as long as they still play the game and are getting their moneys worth from doing so, even if they do drop sub to get something for "free."

Other than there is nothing else I disagree with you about.
  10. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

2.I think PSC is as far as it will go
    3. That would be great. The payment methods I'd like to see are: PayPal, Direct Debit
    5. Good question, because they aren't available at Game Stop Europe at all :(
  11. Princess Zero Well-Known Player

I went to a Gamestop the other day and inquired about Daybreak prepaid cards. They were like 'What's that?' So after a little checking in their computers and calling around nearby Gamestops, apparently its in they're system but they haven't gotten anything in yet.

Oddly enough I did see the old SOE cards with the DCUO picture at a Best Buy. I'm not sure if they can even be sold or if DCUO still honors them.