Day 1 PS5???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Qwantum Abyss, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I skimmed “PS5” an and other options an search is turning up nothing. My question is, have there been any communication on PS5? Will the game be rdy for ps5 day1 and does there expect to be any issues with it?
    I ask be ause im a returning player from years past and i remember when ps4 went live an it had lots of issues. I plan to get a ps5 and im not wealthy enough to just toss $ around so likely i will have to trade in ps4 to get one an dont wanna do so only to find out i cant play DC.
    If this has been covered i apologize but i didnt find it.
    Thnx all
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

No one has absolutely confirmed details yet, other than Sony's official announcement that the PS5 is said to be "backwards compatible", of course that comes with the usual caveat that "some games might not work".

I would assume Dimensional Ink would surely be making some sort of announcement soon themselves, given the console is scheduled for release this Christmas, but at this stage we have no reason to believe it won't just work at launch like normal.
    • Like x 3
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Man i hope so! I wanna open it up, plug it in, download DC an get it happenin lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

For sure! Then we can start threads about how the PS4 is holding back the game :D
    • Like x 4
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed hahahaha
    • Like x 1
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Like how ps3 was holding the game back? Yea ****ing right. Only thing holding thus game back is its players and developers
    • Like x 3
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

No but like on a serious note. The PS3s architecture and the game's original coding was in fact, holding it back, at that time.
    • Like x 2
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

How long before/after was this game announced for the PS4 when that console was released?
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I cant recall but I do think there was some buzz around due to the graphical enhancements they had made throughout the game. I don't think any changes are coming this time around? But also ps4 wasnt backwards compatible so an announcement made sense. This time around? Ps5 being backwards compatible with ps4? I guess?
    • Like x 1
  10. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

• Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  12. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yup, so we may not hear anything about DCUO on the PS5 until it's pretty close to launching.
    • Like x 1
  13. McSipp New Player

Side thought~ Unless Daybreak does something special to the graphics then all it will be is a port..
    And that isn't enough..
    **Does anyone remember the trasition from PS3~TO~PS4?
    I don't recall how much better it looks..
    *i do know on max settings on PC it only goes so far..
  14. McSipp New Player

" play DCUO remotely on the PS Vita"
    hahahaha yeah right!!
    ~i've owned my Vita since the 1st year it released..
    Bought it for my wife to play The Walking Dead & games like Borderlands2 don't play well on it.
    Yeah it looks DAF(DopeAs&&&&)
    but the screen is just too small..
    Theonly use ive gotten outta my vita since is when the power goes out for a couple days from a storm or whatever.
    And even then it's only good for Binding of Isaac or smaller simple games..
    Ipad would be better but 99% of htose games are freemium garbage..
    GREAT LINK BTW Bro!!!
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Bummer, i’d like more advanced warning haha
  16. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yeah, same here. But honestly I'm not too concerned, it wouldn't make any sense for them to not port it over to the PS5.
    • Like x 1
  17. myandria Item Storage

Agreed. And with that, I do not plan to buy the PS5 at launch; I really do not like the color and I will not have the money to get it. Since the PS5 will be backwards compatible, there is no reason for me to rush to the new console. As I have done with the PS3, I will keep playing on the PS4 until either Sony deprecates it and/or Daybreak/Dimensional Ink deprecates the game for the PS4.
    • Like x 2
  18. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Dropping PS3 is probably what allowed them to do the atlantis and brainiac bases, fluid base items, the atlantis map, acessories, materials and upgrade many of the character models.

For real, I believe if they had dropped PS3 before monthly content the game would be booming right now with a lot less p2w.

Everytime you drop hardware that isn't top tier there is a little something more you can do, ofc this won't apply to PS4 and XBox unless the game is here in 2030-2035 when Switch isn't supported anymore.
  19. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

PS5 is backwards compatible and the devs have no plans to do a game upgrade for the new generation, so, unless there is some coding compatibility issue, the game will probably just be available on the ps5 store.

It's a great opportunity to advertise DCUO though, they should definitely give out some cool goodies for people who log in after the ps5 and new xbox launch and do open episodes. There aren't many free mmos on console out there and people who just bought their consoles will be looking for games to try it out.
    • Like x 1
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

personally i'm going to hold off on getting the ps5 for a few months. these things always have issues when they first launch. i don't want to jinx myself. my ps4 has been a thing of beauty since i purchased it but traditionally i tend to have bad luck with playstation products. I had lots of issues with the ps2 and 3. I had several ps2's just die on me, burn out. one minute its running fine, the next its a black screen and wouldn't even turn on. With the ps3 i had to exchange several before i got one that worked smoothly. controllers for these things usually only last about year for me before they need to be replaced.
    • Like x 1