Dark Metal Ingots

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

The drop rate for these are WAY too slow. Apparently they only drop from the open world mission loot crates. I've gotten 6 our of atleast 30 of those crates. And they only give 400 XP each toward the OP piece. I've actally consumed a total of 10 of them as that is how many I've gotten opening the crates. This current drop rate and the fact it only drops from open world mission and not the raids mean I will have gotten the 3 items from the vendor to breakthrough the item LONG before I have the item leveled up for it.

Let them drop from the raids also.
    • Like x 1
  2. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

It is SUPPOSED to take a while. OP items are not meant to be acquired in the first week...even the first month of a new DLC. I think the drop rate is fair. DLC has been here less tha a week and withoyt replays I am half way to enough "food" for stage 1
    • Like x 6
  3. Disruptor Well-Known Player

How do you use these things?
  4. Chia Death Well-Known Player

You need to complete the Into the Dark Multiverse raid first.
  5. Disruptor Well-Known Player

I have completed it. I have all the artifacts, so then what?
  6. L T Devoted Player

you level the widget you got from the into the dark multiverse raid kinda like a hybrid of the cloak from JL dark and an artifact
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I think the problem is they are Account Bound right now when normally they wouldn't. With the devs working on the money glitch issue and everything they made A LOT of things Account Bound that normally are not. I believe once the Devs have decided how they are going to handle the injection of all the glitched money into DCUO recently we will see these items among others reverted to being tradable.
    • Like x 2
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its not going to be a popular opinion but the op item this go around is too easy to get. they may as well put the item for sale in the gear vendor for just 400 marks. the only thing you really need now are lots of replays if you want it fast

if you want to speed up your ingot collecting just run a few alts through the dailies. they take about ten minutes tops to complete.

the way i work things is the op piece is the first thing i work towards on my main. i'm good with relying on gear drops. i spend no marks until get the piece.

i assign one of my alts the task of completing the normal gear set however long that takes. when i get the feat i unlock the discount on all my other characters.

I try not to spend marks on alts as well simply because once i get the discount i usually have enough marks saved up t get the whole set in one bump and i dont have to grind/sped as much time working on them.

i make a few exceptions. i'll buy accessories if i need to help boost my cr. these items arent effected by the discount and as such make the best longterm purchase.

until i get my main to a point where i'm satisfied i'll also transfer all catalysts (as well as collections) to him and when hes done my primary alt gets the same treatment and so on down the line.

I already have my first breakthrough done. I had about 500 replays when the dlc launched and i still have one raid reset left. by the time we get to a double or triple marks weekend ill have the second done and when the bonus mark weekend comes ill be able to finish off the op item (this will also be the next time i spend and money on or use replays to reset raids.)
  9. Disruptor Well-Known Player

OK. I didn't get the OP item during the raid. Maybe it will drop next time
  10. Rainnifer Committed Player

What was your CR? I was 286 I believe when I got it, I remember the OP back needed a certain CR too to drop
  11. Disruptor Well-Known Player

My CR at the time 284