Damage

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by agentofthebat, Mar 26, 2018.

1. agentofthebat Active Player

I am level 16 right now on a level 16 mission and I cant beat it at all. I am in the jokers fun house and I am only doing 4-6 damage per hit while the enemy is doing 20 plus to me. How can I do more damage so I can move on in the story?
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Have you invested your stat points into weapon combos? Damage criticals? By level 16 you should have a few SP to allocate that will help you out. And if you have, are you using those weapon combos?
  3. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Have you repaired your gear? Equipped new items as you have acquired them? Bought items from a vendor to replace those of yours of a low item level that you were unable to acquire through drops?
    • Like x 1
  4. Entrust Committed Player

Are you using only powers, only weapon attacks, a mix of both?

What power are you?

Have you spent skill points (as asked earlier in the thread)?

Have you looked at the gear vendors in the safe houses? (Many ppl don't buy them, but depending on your drops you may want to replace your lowest level/CR gear piece).

Are you only having a problem at the boss fights, or when fighting adds?
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

You are at level 16 and already inside the Joker's fun house? Okay couple quick questions...did you do any of the side missions on the lower content you ran before the fun house arc? Have you done the Area 51 alert? Last couple of alts I created I was constantly well above the level of any mobs I was battling by doing that sort of thing.

Every side mission you run gets you more XP along with free sodas and in a few cases even some armor drops.

Area 51 has added XP , added feats and some armor although its usually level 10 so would be long since replaced by the time you hit level 16.

Are you taking the time to click on and complete things like Investigations and briefing? Below level 30 those also hand you added XP which makes you stronger.

Are you grabbing all the feats available from the content you have done? At level 16 you should not have a lot unless you are a veteran player with alts and can buy feats with replays.... but all that helps.. The more SP the faster you increase the effectiveness of your attack. If you are not sure open your menus and click on the feats tab and check. There is not a single mission below 30 that does not have a few feats.

Look for other potential feats you can accomplish.. There are feats you can earn simply by exploring zones in Gotham and Metropolis.. Each zone or neighborhood gives you 10 feat points and when you get all of them in either city you get another 50 feat points for that. No XP and no armor but SP even at the low levels makes you stronger.

How much in game cash do you have? There are vendors at every safe house (Police station on the hero side.. Night clubs on the Villain side) that sell armor. At your level you's still only be dealing with the ones in Chinatown, Little Bohemia, and the East End but you can purchase almost a complete set of armor that will get your combat rating as high as possible at your level.

Are you running the Booster Gold tours? Yeah those can get boring but again.. more XP and a piece of gear (RINGS) for each one of those you do.

The more of this stuff you accomplish the higher your level becomes and if you walk into any mission 2, 3 or more levels higher than the mobs your chance of survival is a whole lot better.
    • Like x 2
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

If you playing in a PC so do this...

Press ESC and select Stat Points, select Superpowers and put all your skill points in the section Critical Damage and use your powers instead of your weapons pressing 1 or 2 or 3. Also, get your gear and weapon equipped.
  7. Wildfern New Player

I have had many alts run through most of the content at low levels, experimenting on powers and such... I dont think you should be the same level as the quest, I have always been about 3-4 levels higher than the quest to do the instance... I think you may have missed something? your armor equipped? skill points?
  8. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

If they never removed "CR Differential" then you would be steam rolling them right now. I guess you could blame the people who kept complaining about it.
  9. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

lol mepps where them helpful videos at for this fella
    • Like x 1
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Pretty much everything has been covered asked but this one vital question: Is the gear you’re currently using broken or in need of repair? If so, go to a safehouse vendor and open the repair tab in the vendor window...
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

Do u equip a weapon? 4-6 damage sounds like u fight without one
    • Like x 1
  12. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

And people say we're toxic.... Look at everyone helping this guy lol
    • Like x 3
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Check this out ...

Then do a google seacrh and look for DCUO MagnetoxxFirstClass. he does an outstanding job putting together short films on U tube to help new players.

Most are NOT 3 hours long LOL they are like 4 or 5 minutes and go over the basics you need to be successful Hope it helps
    • Like x 1
  14. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, we’re either in the minority or else the toxic BS is so loud it tends to drown us out annoyingly often. :p
    • Like x 2
  15. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Not all. But a minority of the population would rather strike his chains and call him a noob instead of helping the guy. There are a lot of good people in this game. And then you have "those" players
    • Like x 4
  16. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Invite a friend to go into the instance with you and both of you can clean house
  17. bull425 Well-Known Player

Someone mentioned it earlier. I’d bet he doesn’t have a weapon equipped or it’s broken. Seems like it points to that. Op, please check your gear or equip it.
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hi, Welcome to DCUO. :)

I was level 22 when I played this mission.
    You may want to go play a few side missions and come back a bit later.
    You can see the mission here at around 1:18:00. :)

Also as some have mentioned.... maybey your weapon is Broken??
    You need to repair you gear in DCUO.
    Luckyly... I have a video for that too. ;)

If you want to know more... I have a LOT of videos on DCUO.
    Or you can even ask questions... I usually try to answer all the questions people ask me. ;)

Have a good day. :)
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They're above this post. ;) ;)
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I always knew you were a smart man.

And now I know you have good taste too. ;) ;)

Some videos are short..... some videos are long..... there are videos for everyone. ;) ;)

And also.... thanks for the compliment. Always appreciated. :)