Test Discussion Damage Supercharge Balance

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Control Creed Well-Known Player

I hope the hint is a powers balance pass is coming, but I fear you are correct.
  2. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Been a long day sorry for the oversight
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Electric DPS isn't "best in class" but it's not weak.
  4. Dylan Bogazis New Player

I understand that you are trying to balance the powers but Mental sc are terrible they need either reworked or buffed. I'm tired of using neo venom on every power too. I feel like flavor of the month was better than the current stuff.
  5. PHNTM Well-Known Player

With the huge CB nerf, it'll pull further behind the op Gadgets and Mental DPS though.. CB at current state was the only thing keeping Electric competent with those two.
    • Like x 2
  6. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Nothing was wrong with supercharges in the first place, but the constant forum complaints swayed the devs to think otherwise, and now you get this lol. This isn’t the first occasion where something like this has happened
    • Like x 1
  7. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Because this was a streamlined change, not a case by case balance pass
  8. Solarbound Committed Player

Another update focused on unnecessary changes. History repeats itself -_-
    • Like x 4
  9. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Not needed at all, but hey, people on here kept singing the chorus of “supercharges not being super”, and this was the chant that the devs replied with
  10. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Well, you do know the saying, "History is doomed to repeat itself"... and oh how that's true in almost every MMO. It's like the devs either feel they have to continuously make updates and changes to justify their jobs... or... they feel that they have to constantly make changes in order to keep people from getting bored. Yet, psychologically speaking, most humans deal poorly with change... and the constant changes in MMOs can cause severe reactions in people. The problem is, MMO devs keep ADDING stuff to the game which throws off the balance across the board... so they basically have to keep chasing their tails trying to balance the problems they introduce in the first place. With that being said, what's occurring here in DCUO has been my experience in almost every MMO I've played. It's probably also why I wait until a single player game has all DLCS released and is officially 'complete' before playing it- that way I never have to worry about these type of changes... that and all bugs are usually fixed by then. ;)
  11. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

[BUG] Cooldown of Canine Form's Thrash is broken. The tooltip says its 1.5s but its actually 3s so dog form can't even perform any sort of attack rotation between its attack powers of Thrash and Fling as they both have 3s cooldowns.

Testcase: Switch to Canine Form. Use Thrash. Observe that the power remains unusable for 3 seconds due to an apparent 1.5s lag in starting the cooldown animation.
    • Like x 3
  12. PHNTM Well-Known Player

How would nerfing mostly all supercharges make them become more super?
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Ah yes... that's the elephant in the room. When you balance the SCs against each other are you eliminating effects from artifacts or not? You CANNOT balance the SCs while people are using artifacts... not even if everyone doing the testing has identical ones. Do artifacts directly impact the damage caused by the SCs? Meaning, do they have critical hits or do they have fixed damage ticks based on an individual's stats or just the CR? (Transformation Card, Strategist Card, Claw of Aelkhund, Tetrahedron of Urgrund, etc, all can have an impact on it.) Do they gain an extra tick because of an artifact the way Dead King's Scepter will add an extra tick to an orbital strike? Does damage done by the SC get included when using something like Eye of Gemini and you are standing in Pollux's Gaze?
    • Like x 3
  14. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

In order to balance Supercharges across powersets there’s an additional factor that isn’t being considered in this testing: Supercharge generation abilities. In other words, SC generators are not balanced across all powersets, which means that players’ ability to use Supercharges are not balanced. There two problem areas:

1. Range – some SC generators can be used at maximum range (like Nature’s Serpent Call), but some must be used at melee range (like Earth’s Unstoppable). Solution – all SC generators should hit the target at maximum range. (and now that I think about it that’s a problem for some Supercharges too, for example you can’t cast Cursed Idol on a target, you can only cast it at your own feet)

2. Charge Generation – SC generators in some powersets build a charge faster than the generators in other powersets. This results in some powersets being able to use SC’s more often than other powersets. Solution – the charge generated by SC generation abilities should be equal for all powersets. So, one cast of Horrific Visage should build the charge by the same percentage as Meteor Strike, as Sacred Light, as etc., etc. for all powersets.
    • Like x 5
  15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I like the way sc generators are now because it gives variety among the powersets
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/damage-supercharge-balance-update.314302/
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.