Damage Shift is Fugly

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Joybird, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Joybird Committed Player

I love my Earth tank, but the swirlies around me when I'm using my Brick are really ugly. I'm an Earth tank, not a swirtly lines tank.

Any chance we can get this graphic toned down?
  2. John Gates Active Player

You can fade all the power effects in the game options but other then that cant do much
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Aftershock tank.
    • Like x 1
  4. Joybird Committed Player

Sure, I can do that, but for some fights, I prefer the Brick. Besides, I'd rather not be forced to Aftershock tank because Brick tanking is ugly.
  5. Nuubia Well-Known Player

I don't mind it. I just think they have it backwards.

Brick tanking doesn't need an animation telling us DMG is being transferred to him because that happens automatically now - not like before when you needed a separate power, damage shift, to activate it.

I think if anything Aftershock tanking really needs a tell. Especially if you get interrupted and don't know how long the AS duration will be.

However I LOVE that the DMG transfer graphic now shows when you use reinforce on a teammate and for gadgets it shows the swirly lines when you use decoy.
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The Soul Link generator mod does the same.
  7. Veritech Loyal Player

This is the reason for the new animation.
    I'm with the op on this, it's fugly.

Lucky I shock tank. Shock tanks don't need an indicator, if JH is off cooldown you set it up again within 3 to 7 secs depending on how many times you shocked it last time.

I almost died when I saw this on my gadget main when I dropped a deciy :(