Daily Treasure Chest & Salvage Rotation

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by AV, Jul 25, 2013.

1. AV Loyal Player

Instead of grinding the Treasure Chest feats, which I find to be extremely inefficient, I run these daily in order to work Salvage feats concurrently. It's pretty quick and effective so I thought I'd post it to help other people. It's a bit faster to spam the quickest ones for the chest alone, but this doesn't get you any salvage and it gets pretty mundane.

I included recommendations on whether it's worth your time to finish the instance or not for salvage crap.

Use this for chest locations if you don't know them already. Note, these are all from the queue, not walk in, so as to guarantee salvage. All of the following zones have 100% chest pop rate.

Joker's Funhouse - Find chest and complete the instance. Time ~1min30

Gotham Sewer - Find the chest and leave. If the chest is in the boss room, hug the right wall when you go in, get the chest, and leave. If you hug the right wall you won't trigger scarecrow's cutscene. Time ~40seconds or ~1min30 if in boss room

Star Labs - Find the chest and complete the instance. Time ~1min30 Note: Be sure to check the locations in order. If you try to backtrack after beating Lex, the chest may disappear.

Circe's Stronghold - Find the chest and leave. Time ~1min

Monarch Playing Card Company - If chest is in the first room, leave. If not, complete the instance. Note: After the second room, rush to and activate the 3rd switch hit the goon who's trying to activate the robot before he can get it up. As soon as you hit the third switch, activate movement mode and run directly to the last box. Pop it before anyone can hit you. This way the stupid riddle will be done as you clear the room. DO NOT SPEAK TO RIDDLER AFTER DEFEATING DEATHSTROKE. You don't have to in order to exit.

You can have those 5 done in ~5-7min usually. I do duos as well because I run either with an alt account or with a friend, and the salvage drops are quite common even though the zones take a bit longer. Do all of the duos to completion:

Gorilla Grodd's Lab/Gotham University/HIVE Base/Metropolis City Hall/OMAC Base/Cape Carmine Lighthouse/Ferris Aircraft - Complete the instance.

Gotham Hospital/Riverfront Center/Riverside Hotel - Find the chest and leave (this is why you'd want to do this with a friend or alt).

All told, this rotation gets you 15 chests per day and a considerable amount of salvage (especially if you db an alt for the duos). The guide I linked above is great for the alerts as well.

Note: OMAC and Cape Carmine are probably the longest to complete, if you wanted to cut them out.
    • Like x 4
  2. AV Loyal Player

Update on this: Metropolis City Hall appears to not have a 100% pop rate. I've removed it from my personal rotation.
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

if you can solo the t2alerts... thats the best option for grinding chest and salavage the adds drop quite a bit of gear constantly and the treasure box is easily found and depending how geared you are you can get it done in 10 mins or less i think im getting it done now in full t5 in about 5 to 7 mins
  4. TheLoneLantern New Player

Cape Carmine does have a 100% pop rate. There are three locations, all after the first Killer Croc fight.
  5. AV Loyal Player

Hmm. I must have been derping then. I'll check again. I'm fairly confident City Hall doesn't though, unless there are additional spawns I'm unaware of. Thanks.
  6. Nodens Dedicated Player

If you're just going for the feat, like me, it doesn't matter if you're already locked for a particular chest. You'll still get credit for popping it over and over again.
    My favorite spots include the first 2 instances of the crime bible mission, as the chest is always very close to the entrance. I also walk into khandaq, since there is no chance of getting slowed down by mobs, no matter which spot the chest is in. ...and if you have the armor and/or the skill points, all the duos from the Earth DLC can be walked into.
  7. AV Loyal Player

Right, but if you care enough to do the 1000 Treasure Chest feat you almost definitely care enough to do the 10000 salvage feat. If you just spam a chest you're locked on you've just flushed 10% of the salvage feat down the toilet for the chests alone and closer to 60-70%+ when you factor in the drops you get from finishing the instances I recommended, which are very quick.