CYBER MONDAY SALE!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

Has anything gone on sale today, Cyber Monday? I have not seen anything added at all and I saw on the official Twitter and FB that we should log in today to see what else was added specifically for Cyber Monday
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Nth Metal Seals and Catalyst along with all Respec Tokens are on sale.
    • Like x 2
  3. not_again Dedicated Player

I would like to thank the person in charge of this sale for not tempting me to buy stuff. I had saved up $300 to spend on a combination of replay badges, artifact xp, seals, and the one year legendary membership. Instead that money has now went into a new tv and a few different games. I have to admit these new games look real good on my new TV. So thank you daybreak for helping me out.
    • Like x 3
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The original post has been updated to include the new cyber monday deals.
    • Like x 4
  5. SÕN GOKU New Player

As this year the DLC have not been discounted by Black Fride when last years they always put them on Black Fride Sale. Thank you.
  6. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Friday*

Sorry, had to do it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Krossssss Well-Known Player

Kool :cool: seals of completion are on sale yea:)
  8. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

Gee where are all the whiners at, boo hoo no respec tokens, boo hoo no seals on sale....!!!!!! you all dont understand sales and marketing very well....... TADA....they are on sale!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Cool, now lets whine about Replay Badges, k?
  10. Carilee Active Player

so still no replay badges, nth metal, or stabilizers; which are their top three sellers. most people I know had saved up anywhere from 100 to 500 dollars to drop on the three items I listed. daybreak is now getting none of those dollars. they are also not getting them from future sales at that level of expenditure so they are literally not making money like they could. remember already developed software has very little cost (you still pay salary and basic business expenses but there is no manufacturing involved to produce more). thus you shoot for volume sales when it comes to software.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh....I wanted to expand my inventory slots and bank...those were on BF sale. I wanted to buy 2 or 3 seals(against my better judgement)....those are on sale now. I was hoping not to be tempted to re-up for another year due to cheap membership....3 for 3 in my book.

Thanks,
    Reinheld
  12. Roocck Committed Player

LMAO.... These are the times were I like to come in these threads and see how many people actually complains on how poor these so called sales are. Can't believe that people are still waiting for high hopes of getting any free or good deals in this game. 99.9% of people on DCUO will never learn and will cost them a great deal of money... Every lesson in life has a price, some more expensive than others. The fortunate and smart ones will learn quick before losing thousands on something that will never be yours... Anyways happy cyber day.....
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

On the topic of Stabilizer Sales: They had a few where you could get a pack of 40 stabilizers for a reduced price. It's more likely that they add already unlocked specific capsules to the MP from time to time, though they have TC Resurgances for that.

Nth Metal: Yeah, I myself had hoped that there would be a sale since I just specced an alt to tank to support my league and I would love to get my tank artifacts to 160 asap. Whelp, february is probably the next double xp event. I kinda understand that with four new artifacts of which three are actually really good, they won't put the XP on sale that fast. Alas, I got a few cheap Nth Detectors to try them out. What harm could be done? ^_^

On Replay Badges: I am seriously running short on them and started to purchase resets for a bit of ingame cash. All good and stuff but I would have spent a great deal of cash on one of those. Maybe Xmas. I recall that last year, they were 30% off iIrc.
    I miss the EUPC Pro7Sat1 Sales tho .... triple Station Cash on Halloween, 50% off of Replay Badges on Xmas the same year. It was amazeballs :D
  14. Proxystar #Perception

It was an excellent sale devs, I enjoyed it, bought some stuff - forget the keyboard warriors too, they wouldn't go in to a shoe store and complain the pair of Nikes they wanted weren't on sale but 10 other pairs were, they just get away with this because it's the internet.

Good work, look forward to the Christmas sale :)
    • Like x 2
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I bought all kinds of things :) and replays @ 15% off too. The all around savings that we get on double & triple loot weekends ends up working out better than 50% off replays and not getting extra loot weekends anyway.

All I really really want is more advanced notice for sales.
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

If you're a subscriber you get 15 % off of replays. If you save your replays up for the double and triple loot weekends you save more time & money. Getting 50% now and no extra loot weekends later is not a very good deal in the long run. You just have to be frugal and learn how to save for the whole pie you can eat later instead of complaining about not getting one piece of pie now.

17. not_again Dedicated Player

I am not sure why you quoted this post as it does not mention anything about double and triple weekends. The post is basically saying that there are people out there that do not spend money on this game (other than membership or episodes) unless things are on sale. I am willing to bet those same people mainly use replays on double and triple mark weekend.

The other point of the post was to state their is little to no cost for already developed virtual items and the company should try to push more volume of the already developed item.
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You were complaining about replays not being on sale and they are. 15% sale for all subscribing members is a sale on everything.
    It's 5% more, not a whole lot but it's something.

I was explaining how you could further that savings. If you do not think DCUO looks at double & triple loot weekends as some type of sale you are mistaken. That double & triple loot gives you loot that you would have to otherwise use more replays on.
  19. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Well I dropped 20

Got the 75k to improve one of my alts artifacts up
    One seal to get the artifact to 120
    One seal to get another artifact to 120
    One seal to improve a artifact to 140
    I made one of my toons mini size :)
    Then i think I bought the regular 4 seal pack

Basically used the sale to improve my alt

I might drop another 10 before the day is over to change my name and get some more seals or maybe open up some bank space or something

Hopefully for the winter holidays we get some replay sales and maybe artifact xp sale
    • Like x 1
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Speaking only for myself, and I am unanimous in this... I miss the days when SOE/Daybreak still sold pre-paid value cards for the PC version of the game that you could buy at Target or other retailers to add money to your account. And do you know why?

Because, just as with the pre-paid cards for Xbox Live cash, you can sometimes find them on sale for a good deal, and get MORE cash value than you actually spent. Add that together with an increased Member Discount of 15% and you could actually get a halfway decent cost savings in terms of Real World Cash laid out.

But since Daybreak killed the pre-paid cards, we no longer have that option as a way to give ourselves extra price savings on the things that aren't on sale. We're now left with the only option being to spend $85 for $100 worth of DBC/MPC, so we get $15 worth free. It's better than nothing, discount-wise, but some of us aren't always planning on spending that much in one go. :(

TL;DR: Daybreak needs to bring back the Pre-Paid Cards for adding value to your account! :p
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.