CW's Arrow: Cancelled

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Brother Allen, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Brother Allen Loyal Player

They just announced an hour or so ago that Arrow's final season will be Season 8 and it will only be 10 episodes at which point the show will be done.

I personally am glad to see it come to a close. The first 3 seasons were good but once magic, speed force, and over abundance of gun fights were brought in, it lost its shine for me. I've watched every season still since then and continue to watch it out of habit, although I'm currently behind 4 episodes. I have not found the show to be enjoyable and the fight scenes are pretty bad bordering on ridiculous at times. Still though, I hope the cast finds work elsewhere and that a better show takes the place of Arrow as well.

All that being said, I would much rather see Flash cancelled than Arrow. Flash is far to campy for me, yet like Arrow, I continue to watch it out of habit more than anything. I wonder if this will be the beginning of a change up at CW and we will get new shows or if DC/WB are going to put focus on their streaming service instead of leasing out their IPs to other networks. I would much rather see DC/WB focus on their streaming service as I found Titans Season 1 to be absolutely amazing. I have yet to watch the current episodes of Doom Patrol, as I prefer to binge watch entire seasons at once, but I hope it is at the very least as good as Titans.
    • Like x 1
  2. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

I like flash and arrow i stopped watching arrow after the 4th season cause to me it just didn't seem as good as the other seasons but for now i will continue watching the flash and supergirl until they decide to end it also :)
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Haven't seen any of the shows since the end of the season when the Island blew up because they were moved to a Pay-per-View network
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

I see it as a series finale than cancellation. It was a big give away with this year's crossover event Crisis on Infinite Earths arc. The deal that he made with the Monitor. I wonder who was suppose to bite the bullet. Flash or Supergirl?
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It's not cancelled, it's ending, there is a distinction in the wording. They believe the show will have run it's course after 8 years making it time for it to end. Even though Supernatural seems to defy this, all shows must come to an end at some point.

Plus as said in this video, it wont be the complete end of Green Arrow or Stephen Amell as him.

• Like x 2
  6. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Expected. First 3 seasons were phenomenal. But then...

Flash is next to wrap up, or worse, get cancelled. They're an absolute mess right now.
    • Like x 1
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Arrow, the show, should have ended after five years, he could have then been a (very occasional) guest star in The Flush
  8. JKwak Well-Known Player

ah love that show
    the flush, fastest drain in bathroom-city
    • Like x 1
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

it was inevitable.

i'm hoping all of these characters and more will be reintroduced into the dcu via new shows from dc universe.