Cut Off "/tell Chat"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Luke©, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Luke© Well-Known Player

Since latest GU the /tell Chat is cut of after a few words. Is this intended to be so? It´s pretty annoying to write every 10 times because 50% of the written Text is missing.
    Also didnt read anything about it in Hotfix-Notes.
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Just another one of those so called solutions to try and stop gold spanners... that didn't work by the way but of course now we all get to live with it .

Let's see first we set a limit of 4 posts per day for any player that was F2P assuming that no gold spammer would ever spend money in game to get upgraded to Premium or especially not Legendary. That failed and we still had the spammers in both shout and channels like LFG and Trade chat. Oh yeah and even the only 4 posts per day was ineffective with the F2P ... took them a day or less to realize all they had to do was log off and back on (or simply use the switch character option) and the whole thing reset giving them another 4 posts.

Then we went with this limit the length of a post assuming it would ruin the spammers attempts.. They just shortened their ads and the ONLY people dealing with the limits are normal players just trying to have a conversation.
  3. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

^^ What he said....
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Why are you writing essays to people in game?
    • Like x 2
  5. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

They're telling stories. :p
    • Like x 1
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

It really isn't much of a buffer, especially if you're used to a keyboard. Some of us think and speak in complete thoughts and sentences.
    • Like x 3
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Yes im pc and use a keyboard if I write an essay I use discord not the heathen like chat box in dcuo ;)
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

We don't let just any ruffian on our Discord or on my friends list, LOL.

I tend to conduct interviews with potential recruits, typically by tells. This makes it just that more irritating.
    • Like x 2
  9. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

You should be doing your interviews like this....

That way your interviews won't be turning into "essays." :p
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I only let in people I meet in real life, if they're not prepared to travel around the world they're not committed and therefore worthy enough to be in my circle of friends.
    • Like x 1
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Those bots are using a loophole. They relog and it resets the 4 message limit.
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

And did you bother to read my entire post because in the very next paragraph I said exactly the same thing.

Really heard to spot to since it was in the very next paragraph
  13. nawanda Loyal Player

I’m just glad to see the vast majority of gold spammer activity eradicated. It was completely out of control. Send shorter PMs, it’s a small inconvenience.
    • Like x 1
  14. Luke© Well-Known Player

Hm, the gold spamer situation might be terrible, but i dont see a reason why to set a limit for /tell chat. I mean, since when do Gold Spamers do use /tell chat? It´s more LFG/Trade/Shout, etc.^^ Or was the limit for all chats?
  15. Eve YouTuber

A whole book lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Sorry, no didn't.

I usually stop reading after the first paragraph because you normally get into some long drawn out story that ends up longer than my stories. xD

and that's hard to do.:D
  17. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, try using a controller.
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

yes in fact I'm waiting to hear back
  19. High Troller Loyal Player

we all got stories behind our characters ;-)
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

i had to click on "show ignored content" to understand what you're replying to