Currently, the new Electricity Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Jaq, Jul 29, 2017.

1. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Has anyone tested to see if CB is still the better option over MegaVolt?
  2. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

I don’t have the exact numbers but my parser was slightly higher with cb over mv. As far as loadoats at the moment I’m using arc>ebomb>electrocute> and depending on ads or single target I’ll go into voltaic blast or Tesla blast.

For ads arc>ebomb>electrocute>vb>arc>ebomb>vb

For single target I use arc>ebomb>electrocute>tesla blast> Tesla blast>arc>ebomb>Tesla blast>Tesla blast

I keep asking for support on the powers getting a 1 pi instead of 2 to create some variety in loadouts. It would give electric more options(all powers more options tbh) while also creating better balance. Getting cb buffed a bit considering it’s a straight dmg buff and offers no d defense or shield and being that berserk is still a 90% dmg buff I don’t see why cb can’t be buffed a bit.
    • Like x 2
  3. L T Devoted Player

Just food for thought here:
    Voltaic Blast should hit about 10% harder than Ebomb, before a PI is applied. It's an annoyingly long cast though.
    Electrogenesis is the strongest DoT Electric has, as long as your target doesn't die fast.
    • Like x 2
  4. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

I want to like egen but the prob is you can’t choose the target it goes on. And usually with ads the first ones you target are the first to go. Even during a boss fight if 2 ads run infront you just wasted egen. Also I don’t remember but I’m pretty sure egen has a longer cool down than electrocute. In order to se electrics full potential they need to make only 1 pi to follow.
  5. L T Devoted Player

My counter argument is that in single target fights like Johnny quick Electrogenesis stays on its target while Electrocute is borderline useless. In fact, it's better in pretty much every fight in the current raids except for the first and last fights in Gotham Zoo.

On the other hand, you're definitely right that the semi randomness of the second target makes it a pretty quirky ability.
    • Like x 1
  6. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

I only ever use in the Johnny quick fight bc he moves so much but everywhere else bosses are pretty stationary. Ultra an moves a bit just to charge but he usually does go to far. If only it would hit the ad your targeting that would make it very useful
  7. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Thanks for the info. Egen and electrocute have the same cool down.

Those are some interesting rotations. I'm interested in trying them out.
    Right now for single target I'm using arc > egen > electrocute then arc > tesla blast > overcharge until egen and electrocute are off cooldown. I also have the accelerated arc back mod.
  8. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

I’d like to see some change for ionic drain. I think it just takes to long to channel and doesn’t hit hard enough for the time it takes. Plus not to mention can be interrupted. I think a decrease in cooldown or a buff in dmg would make it more viable. Is any one running ionic drain with some success?
  9. L T Devoted Player

All the finishers have a 4.4 second cool down. My notes say it's a 2s animation time-- don't take that as fact because I've recently come to the conclusion that I totally suck at estimating animation times. Pretty sure ALL the other finishers hit 4 times, but Ionic Drain hits 7 times, so it may be a longer animation. I think Tesla Blast spam nets a higher DPS single target, even when they're below 35%. IF the animation time is exactly 2 seconds, you're doing about 78 base damage per second with Ionic Drain. Tesla Blast is easier to be certain of-- I consistently get 8 tesla blasts every 10 seconds, so that leads to about 81 base damage per second.
  10. not_again Dedicated Player

Is the 78 base damage for ionic drain above or below 35%?
  11. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

It’s slightly longer then 2 sec by my count and it’s interuptable. Are the other finishers interuptable. Water is the same as Id. I remember impaling thorns not being interuptable.
  12. L T Devoted Player

Yeah all of them are vulnerable to interrupt.
  13. L T Devoted Player

that's under 35%. normally it does 7 ticks of 11-12 base damage over 2 seconds, so 77-84 total over 2 seconds. It's doubled under 35% so you do twice that damage over the same amount of time. I guess it might be closer to 80 or 81 dps under 35% depending on the exact animation time. which I'm not that great at getting.
  14. not_again Dedicated Player

Just to try and clear up my confusion. Base damage when the health is above 35% is 7 ticks of 11-12. When the target goes below 35% those numbers should double to 7 ticks between 22-24. Is this correct?
  15. L T Devoted Player

Yes. But the damage occurs over 2 seconds in both cases, so divide by 2 to get the DPS of the ability.

So above 35% is 7*11.5=80.5...80.5/2sec=40 per sec
    Below 35% is 80.5*2/2=80 per second

Obviously I'm rounding the final numbers there. If you look over at penryn's gadgets guide, he reaches a similar conclusion with gadgets' finisher: not worth it compared to the single target spammer
  16. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

the prob is you will get more dmg from using tesla blast 2x than if you use oc. tb is the bread and butter for electrics single target dmg. oc does not hit as hard as tb even when it procs.
  17. El Presidente Well-Known Player

I was hoping that the explosion from oc would more than make up for it not hitting as hard as tb. The mixed results I had running the raids over the weekend have me thinking otherwise.
  18. L T Devoted Player

Overcharge hits ok. It's got a faster animation than TB-- like 20% faster-- but you can't spam it or you lose 30ish% of the damage. When you hit something with Overcharge, the explosion occurs on the third tick of damage after overcharge. So if you hit Overcharge 4 times in a row, you'll only get one explosion. You need to mix in other abilities or (**GASP**) weapon attacks to get the full damage from Overcharge.
  19. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Wait I thought weapons were just for looks not for use.
    In my rotation I was waiting until the explosion before applying oc again. It didn't seem like the dmg was worth using it.
  20. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

Let’s round up some support in the testing section for 1 pi for electric. It will give better options and better dmg.
    • Like x 2