Currently, the new Electricity Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Jaq, Jul 29, 2017.

1. L T Devoted Player

In case you're wondering about the changes on the test server, they're not, quite, as severe as they're made out to be.

Tesla Ball has it's base damage decreased by about 10% to 39-40 average. Most 200 cost abilities do around 50 base damage, but split after 2 targets. That makes Tesla Ball still balanced at around 3 targets. >3 enemies, and Tesla ball is still a win.

Arc Lightning has it's base damage stay the same against 1 target, but it now splits after 1. So all targets after the first take 50% damage. This is exactly balanced around 3 targets. Once again >3 enemies, Arc Lightning is a win. Less of a win, but a win.

Circuit Breaker had it's damage bonus decreased to 55%. That's an odd number to me. Rage's Berserk is still 90%, but only lasts 8 seconds. Neo Venom boost has been reduced to 40% damage buff, but that still gives a 90% defense boost, where circuit breaker is just a pick-up.

Spark Barrage is hugely improved. The range is still short though.
    • Like x 4
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Sort a of a shame about the healing on Arc Lightning as well.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So I tried out Spark Barrage on Test. It is highly spammable at 100 power cost. The dovetail is nice. I don't think I would alternate with Shockwave, it didn't flow well. I thought about repeating Repulse>Attract>SB but SB spam just seemed to flow much nicer. I ran Visitor duo and a tank had also queued in so everything stayed nicely compacted. I was using ESB to group adds but didn't need to. The tank was Fire and wanted to stick close. Glad I did because the Polarized powers have no stuns. Might be comparable on adds but really need to get the new baseline for Electrified and see if we can match with some of the Polarized powers. The only downside to it is tanks drag adds through the hallways so if you aren't right there with the tank you will lose damage due to the shorter range. I can't see using it in PanE either.
    • Like x 2
  4. krytine Loyal Player

Could we find the base numbers on arc lightning healing. I run healer only and in that state I have not noticed the big differences that so many other players have. And I have seen post these changes are affecting the healer side. My question to the devs why screw with the healer side ? Its damage aand healing seemed in line why change those.
  5. Xalhadrin New Player

what's the word on altering the guide for the nerfs electric got? I'd be interested in seeing new numbers on the base damage chart too. I also wouldn't mind seeing a single target, 3 target and 5+ target loadout+rotations based on the new changes. So far I have only anecdotal ideas and don't have time to run numbers.
    • Like x 1
  6. L T Devoted Player

I have updated numbers . I'll send them over to black jaq soon
  7. The Game Well-Known Player

I'm still trying to figure out a new loadout to at least stay somewhat relevant. You say it's not severe but when my lower toon gadgets beats a higher cr/sp electric, you begin to wonder why they did that lol. Spark is nice but idk. Doesn't feel right
  8. L T Devoted Player

Spark is really good now:
    • It does the damage of a 200 power cost ability (when all the sparks hit), but only costs 100.
    • It has a faster animation time than Tesla Blast, so if you can get close, it's actually a better single target ability also.You can use spark 10 times in 10 seconds; Tesla blast you can only get off 8 times in 10 seconds.
    --BUT--
    • It's polarized. So you need to pair it with Repulse, or a consumable.
    • Not all the sparks always hit. You can see that looking at the damage totals on the league hall sparring targets. Most of the time you're getting all the damage now, but it's still not 100%
    • It's mid-range.
    So it can be good, but it's not SO good that everyone will complain.
    • Like x 1
  9. Xalhadrin New Player

seems like spark would be good for solo play or if there's a single target fight that you can be in melee range. What about elites like panE and escapeE? Right now I use arc, volt blast, heat vision, flux and egen for dps on the single target fights, but I'm wondering if ionic drain is good for those too. or is it only good at execute range? i'm a bit at a loss for a really solid single target dps loadout. I still use the old loadout for trash which seems to work ok, just wondering if anything is better now?
  10. The Game Well-Known Player

Spark barrage I'm so 50/50 on it. On one end it does decent damage. But in order for that to work you pretty much have to be up close. Only one or two hits miss from range. There was a time where my target was locked on and red and it would completely miss.

Nice buff too bad the move is terrible imo.
  11. L T Devoted Player

Not sure about Ionic Drain. Really just need to spend some time in front of a sparring target. The damage is good considering its power cost, but you have to wait while 7 hits tick off.

Your other single-target options are Tesla Blast and Overcharge. Tesla Blast is pretty good. Overcharge is faster, but you have to be very careful how you use it in a rotation or it's a terrible dps loss. Never use it twice in a row on the same target.
  12. L T Devoted Player

Yeah you have to be a bit inside mid-range for all 5 to reliably hit. It's much better than it was though, and I can see some people making it work, especially if you want to use polarized.
  13. The Game Well-Known Player

There is prolly something better but I sure as hell haven't figured it out. And yeah I know what u mean the old loadout isn't strong anymore. I beat a 227 elect with my gadget toon which is 222 cr...shockwave isn't bad either.

14. AD Leo Well-Known Player

Ionic Drain with empowered channeling is what Used before heat vision.
  15. L T Devoted Player

I don't think empowered channelling really makes sense for Electric, since Ionic Drain is the only channeled ability.

I forgot to time the animation of Ionic Drain this weekend, so I'm still not sure if it's a win vs spark or Tesla blast.

Here are Electric's single target options:

• Overcharge - 54 base damage - 100 power - about half is pure single target damage, can't be spammed without losing damage
    • Tesla Blast - 61 base damage - 100 power - 8 hits per 10 seconds
    • Arc Lighting - 55 base damage- 200 power - decent single target since it doesn't split
    • Ionic Drain - 78-80 base damage - 200 power - 7 ticks of damage so animation takes a while but double damage under 35%

I think you can get 2-3 Tesla Blasts in the time of 1 Ionic Drain, so that's probably not a good choice until your enemy is low on health. Tesla Ball is 40 base damage now and is also probably a dot loss unless there's lots of adds around.

Spark Barrage is 10 average base damage per hit, so it's 50 is you hit with all 5. It gets 10 casts per 10 seconds so it's the same dps as Tesla Blast if all sparks hit a single target, though the damage can get split.
  16. Xalhadrin New Player

Is heat vision still worth it then?
  17. L T Devoted Player

Yes, it's still good, but I've never used it with electric.
  18. El Presidente Well-Known Player

I haven't had a lot of time but with the little I've had I've been trying various loadouts in alerts. So far I've been doing ok with arc > tesla ball > electrocute > static push then spam spark barrage until the electrified powers are available. I also CB in my loadout. I haven't parsed any numbers and not sure how it would perform in a raid so take it with a grain of salt.
  19. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I think HV is still good. I was initially concerned, but I kinda like the faster ticks. Damage is down a little. Its workable, especially with Fire and Munitions, because it applies the Burn PI.
    • Like x 2
  20. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

I still use it, it's new cool down sometimes throws me off by a second or two but overall I find it still works ok.
    • Like x 1