Current State of DC Universe

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TankIsLoveTankisLife, May 12, 2018.

1. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Fatal stop beating me to the few valid "most of the community would side with me" posts that I make, it like really brings me down.

Now I have to go find cake to eat my feelings :oops:
    • Like x 1
  2. SuperHarley Active Player

Not so many. Most of the paying community are the casuals. You can confirm this looking at survivor mode, they removed it because there weren't elitists enough to pay for it.

If they remove elite content the elite players will play the normal raids like in the past. The gear exclusivity the "elite" has isn't good for the game's health and only causes toxicity.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Raids before elite content were actually somewhat engaging. You obviously haven't been playing long if you don't notice the dip in difficulty
    • Like x 3
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I feel like subconsciously you just wanted to use the word "dip" in your reply. Lol.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

One could argue that "currently" the majority of the paying community are casuals... but that's also because that is where most of their efforts are (most of the money are coming from TC's and cosmetics).

Also, just arguing that their weren't enough "elitists" to pay for survival mode is silly... let's face it the powers that be did not want to have to rehaul survival mode... which they would have had to, that way they could account for the stats revamp. Also, elite raids are the only thing left that this game has in a form of a challenge, we've lost enough players as it is... why on earth would you want to lose even more by asking for the removal of something that you just don't have to bother with it if doing it bugs you (because let's face it, the "enhanced" versions of elite gear would just never be made... so it's not like anyone would get them if they did away with it... they would just work on one set and be done with.. and their's no guarantee they would go with what the "enhanced" version would always look like anyways).

For the record inappropriateness, saltiness, crazy, toxicity (and any number of other things) have existed in this game since 2011, if folks are noticing more these days rest assured they have been there since the beginning (when things were harder I might add) and also I can't think of a single MMO that doesn't have such problems.
  6. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I played this game for 2 years but after the revamp I completely lost interest. They made it to difficult and to time consuming. Not my idea of fun. Vote with your feet. I miss DCUO ALOT but im never coming back until they make the game easier and the missions shorter like in the 5-10 minute range.

They obviously have a group of hardcore players who continue to enjoy the game as it is and support it with $$. A group who say they will quit if Daybreak makes the game easier. So I think they are in a Death Spiral. They will continue to bleed customers until the hardcore players they have are not enough to keep them afloat. I think if that happens there will be no coming back from it. The time to fix things is now and its passing by with every second.
    • Like x 1
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the past year has been a disaster.

while i tend to stick to myself and play as a "league of one" the pug life isn't, or wasn't as bad as its cracked up to be. you get around. you tend to run into the same people and leagues. i'm finding myself missing a lot of players who used to be on for hours every day.

where did everyone go and why?

the kid gloves need to come off. whatever it is that brought this game down to the standstill its currently in needs to get identified and fixed with no consideration as to individual feelings and egos.

sad that the powers that be can't see this.

whatever it is i've been doing in game the past month it certainly hasnt been having fun. i log on and walk away from my screen until i lag off.

the revamp needs a revamp and it needs to come fast.

combat sucks.
  8. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

The amount of leagues on the Villain's side that have dried up over the last 6 months is astounding. Most end-game players are flocking to the same 3 or 4 leagues. Because of this, it's the same people in LFG. Definitely wasn't the case a year ago. In my own league, numerous people have taken a break (including myself) or quit because they'd rather play Fortnite or are simply too bored when they get on this game. I can't blame them. The motivation to grind gear doesn't seem to be there anymore considering you don't need the gear to beat content. The only role you need full Elite gear for is DPS, and that's if you want to be a number chaser.

Most of OP's points are correct in my opinion. Not to mention a lot of us feel like there isn't much of an incentive to really play anymore either. For me, chasing feats, gearing up, and trying to beat Elite content was always huge, and that's what my league is built around.

With the countless number of time capsules, chasing feats became a joke a long time ago.

Grinding out gear is riddled with the same weekly mission, and the same RNG madness that are OP pieces. Or you can grind out a few hundred million in the broker if you want to complete all of the collections... Pair this with the time capsule collections, the Man-Bat Henchmen, the Ultra-Kyrptonian Cape and all of the other RNG based feats available and it becomes quite a drag. It's all doable, but you can probably see why some people just don't want to anymore. Time capsules are the largest reason why.

Finally, every 1 out of 2 Elite raids is easier than Blackest Night or BBS. Meaning, we have Elite raids now that are easier than reg raids were at the time they were relevant. The sad part in all this is that regardless of any changes made now, the people I know of are most likely gone for good.