current best PvP power discussion

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by supah koopa, Mar 13, 2013.

1. MummyWithGuns New Player

Celestial DPSs have been wrecking arenas lately. Rage has been looking pretty OP as well, but it could be players have just not adjusted to defending it yet.
    • Like x 1
  2. warpax New Player

gadget was and prob will stay the best melee single target dps powerset.
  3. Caleus New Player

I'm all about Mental, I seem to melt higher geared players because of Reflect Pain, and farming immunities, only power that gives me troubles is Celestial with practically infinite perma-stuns.
  4. Vinny Tireshine New Player

that's funny you say that because mental players completely destroy me as a celestial player... easily my most feared class to fight against
  5. Caleus New Player

Really? XD I have trouble with them just perma-stunning me, if they're skilled at Celestial I have my fair share of loses in the match and eventually complete loss of the match. But I usually wait for them to start up their combos, which in 5 seconds(duration of RP) I can usually get them at 50% Health. Everytime I see a Celestial I switch to troller for the confidence boost against Healer Powers.
  6. Vinny Tireshine New Player

That confidence boost is what gets me, my health just disappears. Also I have the same problem with getting stunned by mental players, I waste about half my power using breakout against them.
  7. Caleus New Player

Yeah man same with Tanks confidence boost, but I usually get them no matter how long it takes ;) and so we're both on the same agreement on stuns xD I prefer not to waste power unless needed, example in case I need RP and it's not on cool down I usually breakout, lure them with block and lunge if RP is on cool down. Seems to work a good amount of the time if I my block icon doesn't persist for 2 seconds more than it should xD

Edit: The thing with Tanks is that their loadouts usually aren't set to go Full Out Troll Killer Mode and instead go with shields and buffs thinking they can outlast a skilled Troll power user.
  8. Vinny Tireshine New Player

Yeah, I love killing tanks since my im full dps gear, their health just disappears since they're debuffed plus I got core strength and the confidence boost. Although Rage tanks completely ignore the rps mechanic against healers, their rage damage mitigation can't be debuffed and they pump out more damage even when I got the confidence boost, I can only imagine how bad it is vs a controller class.
  9. Caleus New Player

Rage depends on their skill and I've gotten on my cousins account to witch his alt to rage and I read the abilities vulnerabilities so pretty much it's just timing your Block or Lunge and juggling them while they rage, I had an instance where I knocked down a Tage Tank in full Android and he oneshot himself since he couldn't prevent the Rage Crash. It was the best feeling ever. :D
  10. John New Player

bro if you get bb its over for you when your fighting against a rage person who knows what they are doing dont ever get bbed
  11. Caleus New Player

I get BBd all the time when rage appears I just save Reflect Pain for their usual Outrage Spam
  12. Vinny Tireshine New Player

your health just vanishes, lol
  13. John New Player

hell yea i be pooing shields like crazy
  14. John New Player

even if your full android they can fold you up in seconds
  15. Vinny Tireshine New Player

I'm dps healer, full Android, full modded and unmodded cr 89 rage's give me trouble. That %110 confidence boost means nothing when you can't debuff their 8 second 100% damage mitigation. I literally have 4 seconds to kill them during it's cool down
    • Like x 1
  16. Ice Roger New Player

celestial is for pvp scrubs
    • Like x 1
  17. supah koopa Well-Known Player

Woah, this thread came back from the dead...

oh look obsidianchill, what an honor. also the only guy with nothing helpful to say. didnt your mommy every tell you if you dont have something nice to say dont say anything at all? the sake of an arguement is to pitch different opinions at each other. i was simply bringing the info to me rather than going out searching for it. its pvp, i didnt care enough to put work into it. lazy? yep. but id rather work smart than work hard.

i guess since im here now imma tell myself that natures wolf form is beast with robot sidekick, impaling thorns, carnage, a movement debuff, thorn burst. and last slot doesnt matter i have serpants call for fun.
  18. Wildfire New Player

Dont listen to that fool, just another dcuo elitist that gets no p***y and truthfully believes that everything in a video game should be "earned" as if anything on here is hard earned or hard work. Those are the type of opinions you form when you have very little in the way of an interesting social life, or challenging career.