Curious about NPC Sizes...

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Apollo Skye, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Apollo Skye New Player

I don't know why, but I had a shower thought and I started wondering why different NPCs have different height sizes. Like why are some characters like Constantine and Zatanna so tall and then some small (like citizens) like Batwoman, Faust, etc.
  2. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Think the Devs didn't size them correctly.

From an excuse perspective, can explain it away with Atom's technology misused by villains.

[IMG]
  3. Apollo Skye New Player

LOL. The Atom theory is hilarious. I know the devs said for open world like in Legion, they are big because they're influenced by Emerald Empress' magic, so that makes sense, I guess.

But yeah, I was curious why the base model for the reworked toons are all so tall. Like does that mean Zatanna is 6" tall and towers over someone like Faust? Hmmm...
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Maybe, just maybe, it's a matter of the characters in the DC universe NOT all being the same height. ;)
  5. Apollo Skye New Player

LOL. Yes, I totally agree - not everyone is the same height obviously. I was just curious from a character creation standpoint. Like making a narrative for my character, I envision her to be a young adult, so wondering if there was like an official statement or thought behind the differences. Like are the Tall 6" and over, Medium under 6", and Small 5'6" and under?

I know it's silly and pointless, but just had me thinking.
  6. Super Lantern Active Player

so far Dick Grayson is pretty short, he's shorter than medium sized toons.