Crown of Solomon accessories

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HurricaneErrl, Mar 23, 2019.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Just wondering if there's a reason why these are not tradeable? As it stands now, a good chunk of profits made from this time capsule is going to have to go back in to buying the collection pieces, the rare one is well over 100mill on top of all the others, in order to get these styles and feats. It would be disappointing if this was a new direction they are taking time capsules by having a third collection which we are forced to collect all collections rather than buy the reward itself from the broker.

I'm sure I'm not alone in that I save all my stabilizers after the first couple days of a newly released cap, so when new caps come out I have almost 30-40 and sell everything I get on the first day for high prices. Then buy the rewards, gear, and emblems a few weeks later at a fraction of what they were worth in those first few days. Having a third collection which we are forced to either collect, or buy all the pieces, in order to receive the reward(and subsequent feats) would take a huge chunk out of those profits which are then used to buy other things in game.

If there has been any word on this from a green name then disregard this post lol
  2. Ekart Committed Player

The box containing both of them is not tradeable. You can still trade the crowns if you open the box. There are posts already with pictures as proof on the forums, so there is absolutely no need to do doubble threads.
  3. Ekart Committed Player

4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

T
    Those pics were from the live stream, but someone posted in another thread that the crowns themselves now are account bound? There have been zero for sale on the broker. Even with this only being day two of the capsule that's still odd to have none on there.

Also how is this a double thread? I'm looking more for answers on this specific item. If they are account bound, is it a mistake like the power of Zeus? If not, why did they decide to go this route? If the Power of Zeus can have its own thread, why can't this issue and these questions about it have its own?

Not to mention that if they actually are going the route of having a third collection in future time caps that we will be forced to collect all pieces rather than buy the reward outright, it deserves some discussion as well.

A little clarity on this isn't harmful to anyone or the forum itself
  5. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Just thought I'd post this here

Will this be fixed? And why has it changed from the screenshots taken from the live stream?
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It may have to do with there being two separate feats, one for each crown. I don't think we've had a singular collection that rewards two separate items and feats.
    • Like x 1
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Not separate feats but if that's the case why not just count them as one 50pt feat and make the box tradeable like the runic hands that also came in a box like the crowns
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I forgot about those.
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

wasn't the reward for Exobitten collection 2 items in one box as well?
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Bump for answers
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Items that are made account bound that were not before usually resulted from players exploiting said items. I'm willing to bet that is the reason.

You might want to ask the players that were making 100's of characters to collect certain items and then turning around and deleting those characters. Then turning around and making hundreds more characters so that they could do the same.
    • Like x 2
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Probably exploiters.
    • Like x 1
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I don't think these were ever not account bound on the live server. The only time we have any evidence of them being tradeable is from a screenshot in the devs inventory during the Time Capsule preview. But when the caps went live they were no longer tradeable. Hard to see how they could be exploited the way you are saying. Also wondering why the silence from the devs on this. Would be really sad if this is intended and we have to spend most the profits we've made on these capsules to buy every collection for this item rather than just be able to buy the crowns outright like they did with the runic hands.
    • Like x 2
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Yes, and the anti-matter stuff too (hands aura and enhanced life shell glove). The only problem I saw with these was that some people were opening the cache and selling the items that came in separately for more than they were worth.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Agreed. I always just buy the style item instead of the collections (ain't nobody got time foh that... jk), even if I end up paying more. It's a bummer if I have to get the collections to get the crowns... :confused:
    • Like x 1
  16. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Are crowns still account bound? A buddy of mine says he saw some on the broker and in trade chat.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't think so. A lot of players offer/ask items in chat not realizing those items are not tradable.
    • Like x 2
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Hard for YOU to see...but maybe for once they were ahead of the exploiters and finally caught a vulnerability before it could be used (bravo for them if so).

They are under no obligation to explain every decision they make. That's just how it goes sometimes.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They are account bound but not tradeable between players (I collected one each amongst two different toons on my account).
    • Like x 1
  20. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Yes, same here.