Crossplay and xbox1

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BipolarDiva, Sep 28, 2015.

1. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

The holdup for crossplay, could it be that Microsoft only wants their game on pc servers?
    They have a history of doing things like that. If that is the case, USPS will be screaming when ps4 players get their wish and ps3 is gone. A 30-35% player reduction would be felt fast there.
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

Personally I hope xbox is held off a nit till we have a better product and reward system to offer. 1st impressions and all. There is a wealth if new blood there and to waiste it would be monumentally bad. If xbox would be seperate server and resemble the original dcuo id quit ps and start anew. Its just my opinion but currently somethings off which makes retaining players worse then its ever been. Just my perspective
    • Like x 4
  3. L T Devoted Player

It could be, but I wouldn't expect a Green Name to reply about it here-- they tend to treat anything business-plan related as very secret until it actually happens and gets announced.

For the sake of the game, I hope they're hard at work on some form of Xbox port. That will bring lots of new players, and in the end, new players will increase Daybreak's revenue much more than a few new Marketplace items.
    • Like x 2
  4. Redman_x Well-Known Player

This will never happen. It was just a thought at the time that has gotten buried away.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I think it's more at 25% at this point. Ps4 is becoming way more common. I bet the ps3 will be fully dropped at end of 2016
  6. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

If you think the adoption rate of a 400$ machine is 75% you need to look at how many adults with family's play this game. Most are still on ps3. The adoption rate cannot be 75%
  7. Naudia Nyce Well-Known Player

How do we do that?
    • Like x 1
  8. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Aee you sure?
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

sorry xbox was a rumor not confirm. Crossplay between is not a rumor and is still being worked on
  10. Owl Devoted Player

There are several upcoming games that can be purchased for X-Box One that will include a Windows 10 version.
    These games will allow one X-Box Live Gold subscriber to play the game on either the X-Box One or Windows 10 along with other X-Box Live Gold subscribers on either the X-Box One or Windows 10.
    Microsoft controls the authentication in these upcoming games through X-Box Live.

I don't know of any game that Microsoft has allowed X-Box One cross platform play with PS consoles or earlier versions of Windows.
    • Like x 1
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Not gonna happen. DCUO would play it much smarter and just combine PS and PC, simply because look at PS4 sold and Xb1 sold. Pick the logical choice. Plus you would have to make a new server for Xbox anyway.

And PS3 is roughly 20% of the population, not 35%. And less than that if you count the premium and legendary members on PS3.
  12. Owl Devoted Player

Can you provide a link stating that the PS3 is only 20% of the population?

This August 2014 article stated that 76% of the population is in consoles, and 57% of the console population was PS4:
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/08/18/dc-universe-online-ps4-played-more-than-ps3-version/
    So based on the article: PS4: 43%; PS3 33%; PC: 24%

Below is a 2015 article stating that PS3 players spend twice as much as PC players in DCUO:
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/..._an_astounding_market_for_F2P_on_consoles.php
    It also states that PS4 uses spend 3 to 3.5 times as much as PC players.

Remember that PS4 players have more options for free online games than PS3 players.
    New game releases decrease the amount of time that PS4 players spend in DCUO more than PS3 players.
    • Like x 1
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Let me rephrase that, PS3 is about 20% of the paying population. Since according to larry libery interview PS4 was 54% last year and PS3 being a little bit over 20%. I can try to find the link to that interview, but I dont seriously think that number for PS3 has increased drastically this year compared to last year since more people have purchased a PS4 since then.
  14. Harlequin Devoted Player

I don't think a new server would be required. Transistion the PC server to use LIVE authentication and introduce XBOne on it. Of course, that would close the door on PC/PS crossplay but whatever.
    • Like x 2
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've always wanted to see a photo of the Megaserver.
    I REALLY want to know if it looks like this: [IMG]
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

You have combined two things that never had anything to do with one another.

Cross Play was (as stated by Mepps) announced early do to the cross platform name share thing. It is a long process that will take awhile to implement and is confirmed to be in the works.

DCUO being on Xbox was just an idea they threw out there shortly after the sale of SOE. It was a wish list type of thing and there has never been any confirmation that it is anything more than that.
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

When the Creative Director (AKA the All Mighty Spytle) mentions it on Twitter.... or the Community Manager (AKA as the Fabulous Mepps) mentions the Box with an X on FNL....... it is not a rumor.
    It comes from some pretty official sources.

We know there are plans for the X-Box and that they are working on it.
    We just don't know what those plans are exactly....... yet. ;) ;)

Now could they change their plan???
    Could the idea to port the game to X-Box be scraped and they go in another direction???

Sure. Anything could happen.

But we know from official sources that a X-Box version is in the works. No rumor there.
  18. Xenia B Well-Known Player

I'm not so sure its a plan per say.

But more like a, please, please, pretty PLEASE!!!!.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Crossplay is something different than a server merger. It would be a pencil pusher and paperwork that would prevent Xbox1 and PS to play with each other. Technically, PS and PC wont be a merged server, due to PSN.

In the end, having more people is better.
  20. Backseid Devoted Player

What about that time Playstation and PC were playing together by accident? That tells us the reality is as easy as "flipping a switch".

Is it all just politics as BumblingB suggested?

(Btw BumblingB, my phone auto spelled your name as I was typing :eek: )
    • Like x 2