Cross-faction Communication

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Nov 7, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Mepps leaked information on an upcoming update, which was that we will be able to communicate with opposing factions.

Let's hope grouping and trading will be included!
    • Like x 8
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Dang it!
    Communicate with opposing factions. LoL
    • Like x 3
  3. Noble One Committed Player

not everyone uses it but there is versus chat.
  4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Versus chat is like Shout, it only works in the same zone. We can't, for example, PM other faction... yet. :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

This is great news that I'm actually excited for. Does it mean we will be able to group up as well? Sometimes I play on villain but my friends are on heroes and I would love to play with them while leveling my villain. (In open world for example, not on duty)
    • Like x 3
  6. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Not sure if we can group up outside of instances, but now will be easier to communicate with other fraction. Great news.
    • Like x 3
  7. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Exact quote by Mepps :oops: :
    "It was a little bit of inconvenience because the villain character could not whisper the hero character or talk to hero character.
    That is the thing that is changing. You'll soon be able to talk with everybody. Breaking news! But I saw it, it's implemented."

Even if it doesn't come with ability to group up or anything, being able to chat is already a big step. :)
    • Like x 3
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

May I just say............ It is about time! LOL I kind of forget how long it has been since they allowed both factions to que up and do duos/alerts/raids but the suggestion to do this has been around since then (or not long after it happened anyway). It just makes sense. Hey if you are building a team for a raid and need 7 other members why not make it possible to communicate that openly to everyone on line?

Hey villain side has been complaining for years about lack of available players.......... NOW they can just send out a message over the LFG and any player on line (hero or villain) knows and can PM for an invite.
  9. R0BEARTH Active Player

I tried it many times but it didn't work and it's not only me; this applies to many players. That said I have seen video on YT on which it worked, but that was more than six years ago. Seems like Versus is broken for more than six years.
  10. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Did you have it enabled in chat settings? It doesn't show up by default, you gotta check it manually (just like LFG or Trade). I see an active Versus chat almost every time I go to Metropolis.
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Trading I could see happening, grouping not so much. Would be nice, but that seems like more programming work whereas chat and trade just seems like it's a block/unblock kind of switch behind the scenes. Mixed groups would then need to have a check for what content could be run together...namely the Hand of Fate dlc raids or other runs that prohibit Task Force X use.

If grouping will be allowed we need either a single LFG or the ability to add hero and villain LFG to a single tab (assuming they are still separate by default).
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah it will be funny to see how many of the 'Elitist' Villains who repeatedly profess that Heroes suck and can't play...will take advantage of being able to grab one up to get a run to pop.
  13. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I just wanted to mention this is currently enabled on PCTest:

What the patch notes don't mention is that [H] or [V] is now appended to all tell/say/shout chat. So if you have a hero friend saying something in chat, it will show up as:
    [Shout] TheHero [H]: We are overdue for a Blue Beetle episode. What do you guys think?

Villain responses will show up like:
    [Shout] NotAHero [V]: Definitely.
    • Like x 3
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Hahaha, I agree, definitely due!

Thanks penryn!
    • Like x 1
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I think if we get this, it would go in segments. First talk, then trade, then grouping. Mepps said during the livestream Friday that it's still not there yet. Lot of threads to deal with. There is hope though.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Do you know if there is an option to turn off cross faction chats? Either as a setting that is all encompassing (like the task force x one) or at a granular level like in chat settings where each line can be turned on or off.

I'd Rather have the addition more if it's under our control, but if it's not I'll still take it anyway.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm not seeing an option to disable it.

I'm sure you can expect a lot of interesting intellectual discourse and philosophical debates while interacting with the opposing morality. What could possibly go wrong?
    • Like x 1
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Theres custom voice chats too
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Those are not private. You can't send a tell that way.