Cross Faction Area

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Aug 25, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Can we please get a cross-faction neutral area that allows us to group, chat, or trade?

I can imagine it using the same method of grouping when you're in a operation and it's cross-faction. The villain side is very much hurting still compared to the heroic side I know that is a matter of what produces more revenue, but we have been needing this since cross-faction play was introduced.

As it is right now if you want to group with a friend you have to log into a hero and log out after you enter the instance to be invited back in after you logged into your villain and vice versa.

This isn't fun. It breaks a lot of the immersion that you can have by interactions between the cross-faction. as it is you really can't communicate with them outside of verses chat and we know how that interaction ends up. I know the tech is in place. Is it possible to utilize that for an open world neutral area? Or for that matter any open world that is not an HQ?
    • Like x 2
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm of the school of thought that we might need to prove that we can get along with folks in our own factions before the devs decide to let us play with the kids on the other team.

I'd cite some chat examples from the game, but when you aren't sure you can post the comments without breaking forum rules there might be an issue there that needs to be addressed. *shrug*
    • Like x 1
  3. Brit Loyal Player

I am firmly in the camp that this needs to be the status quo. Not a special area where it can happen; it should be possible anywhere in the game.

We run content together due to Task Force X. We should be able to speak to each other and invite each other without using loopholes and workarounds.
    • Like x 1
  4. Walvine Well-Known Player

A Faction free safe Haven for comerce and banter I gues the devs would need to extend the oblivion bar and possibly create interactive bar stools too.
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Open world + suicide squad allows for all this......
    The devs have given you 2 GIANT areas an most if not all of the instances to play together as is.
    If you have a hero an its that important to you to play with villains then make one. Same goes for villains playin with heroes.
    Just my opinion but i have rather always thought it was cool that i made a villain and literally almost every hero i have run into has explained how juvenile an toxic the hero side is an they wish their main was a villain (why im in favor of faction respecs).
    If what the heroes say is true, i prefer to keep them AWAY from my side lol
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I did mention that in the thread OP.

The only way to interact with an opposing faction is to have verses on. That's not ideal and you can't trade, group, or private message the opposing faction.

I did. I have. And for once, I'm thinking like how the characters were designed. My villain was created as a concept of splitting friends. One went hero, the other villain. Neither fully wish to give up the other, so they would send emails to each other. It's cheesy, I know, but it was the only way to converse when launched. Since they are the same account, I know they wouldn't be able to play together, but I can see other conceptual role playing being done.

Commerce from a villain? Selling the goods!

Hero that leads villains into battle? Taskforce X!

A villain doing heroic deeds? Happens all the time! Like Harley Quinn.

It's countless the ideas that work, but the simple fact, it would help improve the game. Population on villain side is a mere fraction of hero, which is why we got cross-faction queues in the first place.

I'm not going to argue this one, I know toxicity tends to go the way of the bigger population. I've seen it first hand. It has to do with more people more dirtbags to find. I've experienced extremely helpful heroes (My league is full of them.) and extremely toxic villains. I've been stalked on my villain, because it was a female character. I've had difficulty getting into content, because villains stick to their own cliques. So yeah, it's there, just not as easy to see because there just isn't enough of them.
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You can speak to each other in custom chat channels. That's how we do the cross inviting for raids and alerts.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

True, we have one too. Unfortunately it's not a lot different than verses as you can't group, trade or send tells.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Maybe so, but at least you don't have to deal with the toxicity of versus.
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Haha for sure. An yea for the toxicity im for sure not flat out sayin villain side Is better (i think it is tho). But yea. Tell’s would be massivly abused. Emails/trades i see no issue with. Broker should also be cross faction unless it already is.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

It already is, that change was quite a long time ago. It may have been the first. It was part of the villain population issue address they did.
  12. Jaelia Committed Player

I wish maybe if they do a suicide squad episode that’ll be a nice addition but most villains are mean lol :D