Creative director/Lead designer

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, May 23, 2024.

1. zNot Loyal Player

I would to know if the community will be able to engange/know the new creative director/Lead designer will they not join the forums like previous ones to have communication with the playerbase?
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

On one hand, it'd be nice to have a bit of engagement. On the other hand, the sheer volume of just pure anger and negative BS the community loves to throw at a person in charge might make me consider having the community manager buffer between me and the rage machine.
    • Like x 3
  3. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
  4. zNot Loyal Player

To be fair we had lack of communication for a long time even with a community manager it wasnt so noticeable because the previous lead designer was very active with everything as soon as that lead designer left the lack of communication started and was noticeable to me.

So having these new faces come and engage would be good especially since we have no clue what they think about the game and what they like or dislike about the game what are possible changes they are looking into etc? Because with all that silence they are either super busy and are about to provide great news or it could be they have nothing to show of?
    • Like x 2
  5. Raven Nocturnal Devoted Player

That is what we would like to call accountability.
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I mean you don’t solve a problem by ignoring it and making it worse. If people are hired to do a job and afraid to communicate with customers because there might be some heated conversations then I guess PR is not worth having in the first place? I think guys like Charon and Panderus kept a decent channel open with the community. Spytle years ago did too. Oh and Megzilla, etc. It’s not beyond their reach there so they can try again. Telling us we should just stop requesting more communication from them doesn’t do us the community and they the company any favors in the long run.
    • Like x 1
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

I never told anyone what they should and shouldn't do. Feel free to scream into the void all you like. The thing about PR is that most corporations DO have professional PR people to interact directly with the community/customer base. They recently shot themselves in the foot in that regard and haven't got someone in place to regularly handle that...it doesn't always fall on the higher ups on a dev team to interact directly. Some of them are just awful at it. I was pointing out that while I'd like there to be interaction, I can also understand why THAT person would be reluctant to jump in...y'know, like people critiquing you for something you didn't even say. But that never happens, right?
    • Like x 2
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

This. There are a staggering number of people that work in technical fields that are spectacular at their jobs, but have zero (or worse) people skills. You don't let them talk to the customers. Ever. :D
    • Like x 2
  9. zNot Loyal Player

Might be true for some but current creative director was active with the community on the previous game he worked on.
  10. Chilontius Active Player

Didn't the new dude pop in and say a buncha good stuff, and then say he'd be super active here and we'll see him around? Pretty sure he hasn't posted since March.