Crazy Idea time: Fun with Bounties.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Minnion, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Minnion Devoted Player

So... For this installment of crazy idea time I thought up a couple ideas for bounty related marketplace items:

Bounty Bait: Having trouble luring out or finding that specific bounty you're looking for? Buy some bounty bait to lure in whatever bounty it is you're seeking.(Each type is specific to its own bounty) Some of the flavors include:
    • Holographic Lois Lane: Perfect for luring out the Man of Steal.
    • Crate of Kryptonite: Lex Luthor is always looking to buy more of this stuff making it ideal bait for an ambush.
    • Holographic Vicki Vale: Got bats in the belfry? Lure out the dark knight with this.
    • Holographic Iris West: Want to get the fastest man alive to slow down a bit so you can hit him? Distract him with this!
    • Bogus Batman: Can't find the Joker? Play a little prank on him with the Bogus Batman decoy... He's sure to love it!
    (PS: Bounty Bait is basically consumable that gives you a guaranteed spawn of the bounty you don't feel like hunting for at the exact location the instructions tell you to go on your map to plant the bait.)

Bounty Packs: Adds additional bounties to the game, both in open world and some of the older free content. Bounties located in instances only spawn for groups that have someone who is specifically looking for said bounty.
    • Like x 4
  2. Minnion Devoted Player

So no thoughts or feedback on the suggested idea?
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Considering we havent had a new bounty in almost a year. Its questionable. Until open world content comes back, anything to do with current bounties becomes highly irrelevant.
    • Like x 1
  4. unscathed Active Player

I like the idea, but it should be more like the RnD and Collectible Radars.
  5. Minnion Devoted Player

You did read the whole idea right? (Part of it was adding "Bounty packs" to the marketplace as a way to add new bounties to the existing open world areas while perhaps also greasing the wheel a bit by presenting them the scent of potential profits.(Because at the end of the day it's probably not even up to the devs what they get to add to the game.)
  6. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

7. SuperBell Loyal Player

Something has to be done with bounties. I like them, but it's hard to get a group together for older stuff.
  8. Minnion Devoted Player

Maybe introduce higher tier versions of existing bounties even...
  9. SuperBell Loyal Player

But that doesn't help new characters. I'm leveling an alt and she's in the Tier 3 window. There is no way of getting people together for CC bounties.

I think after a certain time frame, bounties should be scaled down to solo boss fight levels.
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Bait is tricky to justify, in my head, because 'marketplace cost versus open-world spawn bounty' = the only ones i *don't* have the exact locations or near-specific locations to memorized anymore are the low-level bounties - Minotaur, Bizarro, Full House, et cetera. I can find Captain Cold in fifteen seconds due to familiarity with his load locations alone, the O Bot is always in the same spot, I know where basically every Metropolis side bounty is; so monetized bait, ehhh, doesn't grab my gizzard.

That statement aside? I adore the idea of additional in game bounties.

Bounty hunting is what I usually do on my main for down-time entertainment between actual projects; I used to hunt the Metropolis Battlezone bounties non-stop (by myself last year at 114 CR back when they were almost ******* impossible to kill solo), I'd start my day with a warm-up of killing 5 O Bots in a row, solo Raven - hell, I was disappointed when I came back because none of these things was an even remote challenge any more.

So say, a DLC / Episode purchase, it's literally... 30 new bounties, sprinkle them throughout open-world Metro and Gotham, the main battlezones (Metro, Gotham Siege, New Genesis, and Wastelands - CC already has bounty fever) - occurrences start in tier 5, 6, and 7 so there's three CR relevancy ranges worth of Bounties to collect...
  11. Minnion Devoted Player

Heck we could even take it a step further and have a mix of iconic and generic bounties to hunt... (Imagine if Titanic Trenton and the other generic villains/heroes leveled up his CR for example... Or we ended up hunting down sidekicks in addition to the likes of the Hive Five or an Exo pumped Jimmy Olson...)
    • Like x 1
  12. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

If you are a us villain I have been working on the cumulative cc bounty feat. I can always help as I usually solo them.
    Finding them is more of a hassle than fighting them.
  13. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Since that already happens just by chasing CR I'm not sure how they could make it even easier. If they're nerfed any more you might as well remove the bounties and just give everyone their associated feats.

I still prefer 3 people for the New Genesis commander bounty: tank plus 2 dps who pick each other up works fast. Every other bounty in the game you can kill by yourself now if you chase gear first and then feats later, which is the only viable advancement approach now anyway. Dr Light can still kill people if you're not careful; Superman I've been doing solo since about CR130.

I've done over 300 CC bounties by myself in the last year. The respawn times could be better. Making the bounty a different icon from regular enemies would be a huge help.
    • Like x 1
  14. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

That's a cute idea. It's too complicated to build relative to what players gain though. Here's the first problem: what happens to the bounty that's already around when you use that? You can't just move them because then griefers will do it to keep other people from finishing the bounty fight.

If you spawn an additional bounty instead and the existing territory is allowed, players will then do that on top of the existing one to prevent people from finishing. Plus that implementation will put two of the single iconic enemy on the screen at the same time, a general no-no in the game. (That's already blocked out of Legends PVE) If the bait point is moved outside of the bounty area you could avoid that specific issue. Now they'd have to find clear spots on the map specifically to allow that though.

Either way, I'd rather not see that scale of work put into making something that's easy even easier. The game doesn't need another Raven fight where it takes years to get rid of all the ways people make up to screw with other players.
  15. Minnion Devoted Player

I figure if the bounty is already spawned it's exact location should be marked on your map in that case.
  16. SuperBell Loyal Player

But you don't get marks. I already have the feat on my main, so I can just unlock that. These are marks that are wasted for me on alts because you can't get them.
  17. SuperBell Loyal Player

Thanks for the offer, but she's hero and already out of the window relevancy.