Crazy idea time, Free listing weekend!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Minnion, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Minnion Devoted Player

Okay, basic idea: Remove the broker listing fees for one whole weekend allowing everyone to list whatever they want for whatever price they want no charge... Free, Premium, Subscriber... Everyone can list things on the Broker with no restrictions on their asking price.
  2. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

What benefit would that bring?

(Honest question, i can't help but think the only use this would have would be for people to freely post overpriced things, which could only raise the average broker prices)
    • Like x 4
  3. Minnion Devoted Player

Would let allow premiums and FTP players to sell some of the more rare and valuable items without being forced to under-price them, filling their escrow faster and increasing the odds of them wanting to pay money to have full unrestricted access to that escrow to buy the stuff they want. It would also hopefully mean a wider selection of stuff on the broker and in theory competition should help mitigate people overpricing stuff... Or to put it this way:

• Lets premiums sell stuff for what it's "Worth" instead of being forced to under-price it because of the cash cap.
    • Would in theory lead to an increased selection of stuff to buy from the Broker as players rush to take advantage of the "no listing fees" (Which in theory increases the odds of desirable items being on the broker in general.)
    • Cash cap remains in place, so that the broker becomes an even more enticing to any FTP/Premium player that actually wants to spend their escrow.(Which would probably be a win in the eyes of Daybreak if it works as a marketing stunt)
    • In theory the increased competition as from players should hopefully keep prices in check. (Though average prices might still increase slightly depending on how many are the result of premiums listing stuff at below cost to empty their inventory...) Though really this would probably work out more to the benefit of sellers than buyers... and I'm fine with that.
    • Like x 1
  4. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Good point, however i'd still set a limit (or maybe just a discount), as it stands today, you have people posting Ra's cape (not the proper one) at 10 Million, removing the listing price would undoubtedly have this kind of people overpricing even higher.

Since many people take listed priced as reference when posting, I can't help but think this would raise average prices.
    Yet you do have a very good point, it's just that our community is known for abusing thigs wheever they get the chance x.x
  5. Minnion Devoted Player

Which is why I suggested that it be a limited time thing... (As in 2-3 days tops) I figure that listing fee is probably more for the sake of the buyer than the seller... I'd also probably space it out to maybe being a once a month type of thing... Perhaps with it being on a set date...
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

This could, very well, increase the desire for people to buy Escro Tokens.

But, completely free is a bit of an issue. I'd say allow them to list items up to 20MM for free, or something like that.
    • Like x 1
  7. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

This sounds like a good idea to prevent it from being abused.
    Broker ppl can be crazy at times, i often buy cardboard boxes and you'd be surprised how they wet from 10 20k to 300k in less than a week :(
    • Like x 1
  8. Minnion Devoted Player

I guess the question then is which would be easier for the Devs to implement... Having no listing fee for items being sold below a given amount, or just removing it completely for a couple of days, which of course is a question only a green name could answer...
    • Like x 1
  9. Menelaos Dedicated Player

The priority on something like this would have to be next to zero compared with everything else everyone is always asking the devs to change.

I agree, its a crazy idea.

Regards,
    M
  10. Minnion Devoted Player

You really think it would take that much time, effort and money to implement to the point where it wouldn't be worth it?
  11. Menelaos Dedicated Player

No clue, but I do think if I was a Dev, this would be soooo low on my priority list.
    Then again, I am not a dev and I don't get countless requests for changes all the time, so who knows.

Regards,
    M