Crazy idea time: Event drives

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Minnion, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Minnion Devoted Player

Basically: Crowdfunding the event, with the reward being some cool new thing that the community gets for free if the funding goal is met within the allotted time... Ideas could include...

• New PvP modes/maps
    • New features for everyone
    • Adding old content to the "Free" pile
    • Improvements to open world content.
    • Making new powers free to everyone.
    • One time second chances at "exclusive" items for people who donated to a drive.(Though I expect this to stir controversy if ever even considered)

Of course the important thing to making this work? Trust.
  2. Backseid Devoted Player

Wow. Not even the obligatory "NO"?
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I was with you until "second chance at exclusive items"

He'll to the ******* no on that one.

I'm sorry if you missed out on this exclusive items you missed out.

People need to stop trying to claw at them.

They're gone for good and that's how it should be.
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

I know right? Not sure what that means... It's almost like people just didn't care one way or another and this thread would have died in obscurity if you didn't say anything...

So you'd be fine with any of that with the exception of the "exclusive items".... Fair enough, the list was more just me spitballing to see what would stick.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I wouldn't pay though. Not when I already pay to play lol
    • Like x 1
  6. Saami Loyal Player

I thought i was already part of crowdfunding crowd by giving money to DCUO.
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

But does what you get for your investment increase based on what others buy? (Like if they make a million dollars do you get a second free armory?)
  8. Saami Loyal Player

I like to think it does. Not exactly free stuff, but better content and maybe another year with game.
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

Yeah maybe, but it would still be nice to be able see how close they were to their financial goals...
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's owned by an investment group. Their financial goals are "All the money."
  11. Minnion Devoted Player

"All the money" isn't a realistic goal... (By goal I mean "We need X amount of money to do Y and are this close to having that amount set aside from what you guys have given us")
  12. Gimpy Loyal Player

If they could return to what this game was originally then it might be possible to do some advertising of the game itself like you see the rest do on TV.

They could do "PRODUCT PLACEMENT" in the FLASH, ARROW and LEGENDS shows.

They could make actual commercials for the game.

If that could be done then MAYBE it would be POSSIBLE for them to get the ACTORS from the shows to do EVENTS promoting the GAME and TV SHOWS at the same time.

How many players would tune into "LIVE" to see or have the chance to CHAT with the ACTORS????

I would.

If they could figure out a way to have the ACTORS watching ,,,as an example,,, say the LPvE tournament matches for the semi- finals and the FINAL match and commenting on what they are seeing in a "LIVE" broadcast,,,, they wouldn't be trying to sell RB to those that cried to make the game easier.

We all know how MAKING IT EASIER turned out.