Crazy Idea time: DLC distribution ideas!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Minnion, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Minnion Devoted Player

Idea 1: DLC tokens: basically, these are trade-able tokens that when used grant the DLC they represent, and come in 2, 4, and 8 packs... Pricing idea:
    • 2-pack would cost 900 marketplace cash(Basically nine dollars)
    • 4-pack would cost 1700 marketplace cash(Basically 17 dollars)
    • 8-pack would cost 3200 marketplace cash(Basically 32 dollars)
    These of course would be purchasable by everyone... So if you have a friend you want to run the new duo with but they don't have the DLC(Either because they skipped it or their sub expired or whatever) you have an easy and convenient way to buy it for them.

What do you guys think?
    • Like x 4
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

don't make them tradeable otherwise players that are legendary would be selling them for in game cash or aura's we don't need that.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

Lol then how will you get your friend to play something if you bought it for them to play with you?

But I agree it will be abused.

Maybe limit the number of friends and times per month? Like you have 5 friends you can do this for and up to say 15 times.
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

Buy a PSN card and give it to him so he can buy it. But only if you really know that person and you know that he will buy it (instead of using the PSN card to buy something else lol)
    • Like x 2
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

I agree. Replay badges are already abused by this method. So what makes this any different. People will abuse in game cash however they want. But at least this way someone is buying the content and the game is still earning money.

I support this idea.
    • Like x 2
  6. Minnion Devoted Player

Why would trading them for an aura be a problem? (As for trading them for in game cash, I think not letting premiums trade cash would put a stop to that... and who else would want them outside of maybe a Legendary with premium friends.)

Not making them trade able would kind of defeat the purpose(As the idea is to be able to buy DLC to share with friends so that you can all run content together. Or I suppose trade it for bits and other rare drops if you don't have that many friends)

5 friends is too low of a limit.(The idea of the 8 pack was so players could buy DLC enough for them and their friends to run raids. together.) I'd prefer not to limit the number that you can purchase since I don't really see people trading them for other in game items as an abuse of the system... Sure there will probably be "Beggars" who try to get others to buy DLCs for them for free, and if that bothers you well that's why we have the ignore function.
  7. Minnion Devoted Player

Yeah... Because PSN cards are so useful to PC players... o_O

Which brings me to Idea 2:

Have 2, 4, and 8 pack DLC bundles on Steam.(Though this would probably be completely useless to the PS crowd, which is why I suggested Idea 1. as a way for it to be an easy and accessible way for everyone to share DLCs without a lot of extra steps.)

Idea 3: In the on Duty menu, for those who are missing the episode required to run an instance have it actually tell us outright what episode is required to play that episode, perhaps also adding a "Buy now" button right next to it.
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Giving a discount for buying multiples? bad idea...

In general the idea is not bad.
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

This idea should be implemented as long as it is included for Loyalty Point purchase.

For those thinking it will skew the market, keep in mind premium players cannot trade cash and why would you trade this with a non-premium player; unless said player membership is about to expire.

This would be a good way for DBG to earn extra money.
  10. Minnion Devoted Player

The fact that you think 32 dollars for 8 copies of 1 four dollar DLC is a discount just proves my suggested pricing works as intended... ;)
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Prior T6 content is not $4 though, so it would be a discount.
    • Like x 1
  12. Minnion Devoted Player

The idea was that the priceing would be based on the base price of the episode... (Perhaps for the sake of making money the prior to T6 episodes can be split up into smaller chunks for the sake of consistent pricing... Or just exclude anything prior to T-6 and introduce trade-able Subscription tokens that grant one months Subscription.... (Suggested price for the subscription tokens would be at least 1000 marketplace cash... or ten bucks, though I wouldn't go higher than 15)
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I like where you are going with this idea and I think it is a good way for friends to help each other and keep the money in DBG pocket.

Given that age of content I would have no grips if all episodes were 400 MP now.

This idea and the buying Legendary tokens as well are great idea to implement into the MP.

That and new themes, new base items, new Iconic styles, etc....

All of this could help push RB sales aside and remove RB from the whole idea of them supporting from a financial stand point.
    • Like x 1
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I haven't really mulled over this idea, but I like it and would support it.

People keep saying "oh it'll be abused!" but what are the consequences of that? More people playing content they wouldn't otherwise pay for? That's more a positive than a negative in my opinion.

Some compared it to the replay badge abuse, but that's different, because replay badge abuse means that you're supporting the developers preferred monetisation method, which as we all know degrades the overall game. But I can't see a negative for allowing people to buy DLC or indeed any item off the marketplace and selling it on Broker or to a friend.

Or is it that elitist mentality where you want everyone to spend their own money on the game or they aren't a true fan? because really businesses don't care where their money comes from, as long as people are buying their stuff.
    • Like x 1
  15. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

it definetely works on people who are to tired for math. lol.
    • Like x 2
  16. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Why limit it to episodes?

Why not let all market place items be gifted to anybody on the same platform?

I'd be ok with the Skeets vendor being account bound to avoid exploitation of Loyalty Points. No clue how the PC rewards work though. Could be an issue there I guess.
  17. Minnion Devoted Player

PC players are basically given daybreak cash instead of loyalty points... Though now that the two systems are united by crossplay maybe loyalty points could replace daybreak cash for the PC crowd that way ideas like this don't get pooped on. (Not sure if The PS guys can buy Daybreak cash or not... I'd assume they could though...)
  18. seek76 Committed Player

Cool idea Minnion. I can support this
    • Like x 1
  19. Minnion Devoted Player

Glad to hear it.
  20. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player