CR Skip

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by THOMAS WAYNEjr, Jan 24, 2020.

1. THOMAS WAYNEjr New Player

A subscription was bought for me on Monday on a old premium account and do not have the option to skip CR. It says it has to be bought from the market place. Help would be appreciated.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Have you logged all the way in on one toon, then back out? Upon your return it should be available assuming you have at least 1 toon above level 4 aleady. I did find on one of my premium accounts I had to create a new toon...but I might have been impatient and wanted it on the 1st login....you should not need to do more than log out, then back on. Also, obviously your toon cannot be over 255 already or the option will not be there as it would not apply. I'm guessing that's not it as it would not show an advance at all, and you say you are seeing the purchase option.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  3. mrcheap Well-Known Player

I agree with what R has said. I would totally quit out of the game. Restart it. Create a new toon and advance it to level 4 by skipping the tutorial. Then log out and go to the character selection screen and it should be there. Please let us know if you do all this and it doesn't work. Also note that the 255 skip was not tied to having a sub, it was available to everyone, so you may have already used it, the sub reward is a different thing a big pack of artifact stuff.
  4. mrcheap Well-Known Player

This was a very easy thing to test. It just cost me $15 to make a new account and a one month membership and see what happens. I made the new toon, went through the tutorial and a few other things to level eight to see if I liked the character. I then went back to the character select screen and there it said I had to pay to advance my level to 255. I totally closed the client. When I restarted the client the free boost was indeed there and I boosted the character to 255. Simple and easy. Have a nice day.
  5. THOMAS WAYNEjr New Player

Still does not work. For some reason I can unlock the gear style but never CR skipped any toon on that account. The same thing on the Nintendo switch that was just bought for me. I have the option to unlock the style but never used the CR skip.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Then I'd say drop in a ticket with DBG or post in the bugs column. Just to check I looked in on my Switch account too. I have not yet used the CR skip there, but it is available if I wanted it and when I look at an alt I do not see the style available for purchase. My switch account is F2P.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  7. THOMAS WAYNEjr New Player

Do you play on the switch often? I have had it for about 2 weeks and have never seen more than 10 people my entire time there.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I do not. I only really went in just to see how it played and to claim a couple of names before they were taken. I do know when I first got on I leveled to get to 10 or 20 when you can run stabilizers as I wanted to see if my luck with RNGsus was better over there than it is in PC/PS4, and the stabilizer mission took over 40 min to pop....40 min...for stabilizer. That's rough.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

A subscription is not required for the CR advance, first of all.

Logging all the way into the game on a character, then returning back to the character select or create screens should then offer the advance for free. If it's not, please open a ticket with us at http://help.daybreakgames.com.

Do you have multiple characters on the account?
    • Like x 2
  10. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

What I could not find anywhere on the Forum is: if I log in until January 31st the free Skip is "claimed". But will I be able to actually DO the Skip on a later date? Next month maybe?

Or is it really necessary to actually advance until January 31st?

Greetings
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes. All you have to do is log all the way in for your account to be flagged for the free skip. After that you can use it whenever you want, even after January 31st. Mepps clarified this in...some thread, and that's the way it has worked the past few years.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

ALL-PLAYER GIFTS

Everyone gets to celebrate the anniversary with one FREE Character Advance to CR255 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) or to CR100 (Nintendo Switch)!

Whether you want to jump back in on a main character or start a new one, this advance will get you right into the fight. This character advance also comes with numerous starter items to get you going and the new Hera's Strength 2020 gear suit, pictured below. (Note that player-requested open helmet!)

Plus, if you want the Hera's Strength style on multiple characters, you can pick it up through Style Unlocking after you have equipped it on any character.

[IMG]
    Hera's Strength 2020

To claim your free Character Advance, you must log in between now and January 31, 2020. Once you have logged in, you may use the advance right away or save it for a later time. One per account.

Additional Character Advances may be purchased at Character Creation or Character Select.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Or, uh...yeah, it was in the original announcement. :confused:
  14. THOMAS WAYNEjr New Player

I do have multiple toons on this account and I went through each and every one. Not one had a had the CR skip gear box. I still have the CR 210 skip box on one of my toons. When the membership was bought for me I decided to make some new toons and when looking for styles I could unlock I noticed the new enhanced gear could be unlocked. This is on the PS4. I Noticed while leveling up a toon on the Nintendo Switch there was the new CR skip box in my inventory even though I never CR skipped on there. All my other accounts on the PS4, the pc and the Xbox are fine. I will write in a ticket. Thank you for your time.
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The CR skip box on the Switch was bugged. Some of the styles inside of it were not the new version of the Hera's Strength style, so they distributed a second box free to (I think) all characters on the Switch containing just the style. Is that perhaps the box you saw rather than the CR skip box? It would be unusual for you to be having the same issue on two different platforms.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To be clear, you must then go to character select and choose to advance your character to receive the box.
    • Like x 2
  17. inferno Loyal Player

I just want to make sure you're doing the right step . On the login screen that has all your toons, choose the toon you want to skip. look at the right window that contains the came cr and mentor inormation. Look at the bottom of that screen and there should be a cr skip option. Click on that, once you are looged in as that toon there should be a box of gear that once opened and equipped should give you a total cr of 255.

or I should hav just posted this video.:
  18. Brit Loyal Player

I have a 180, 210, and 255 skip all just banked up on my main account. They definitely save beyond the date.
  19. THOMAS WAYNEjr New Player

I know how the CR skip works. I have a lot of accounts on all platforms. On this certain PS account when I go to character select it shows advanced. When I click on that the only option to CR skip is if I pay for it with market place cash. The problem is I have never CR skipped ANY toon on this account. I have 4 PS accounts, 2 Xbox and 2 pc accounts and one Nintendo Switch account. All got the CR skip for free except the one PS account that was upgraded to legendary. On that account I can unlock the new enhanced on all 17 toons but never did the CR skip.
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Is the option to unlock it definitely on every character on your account? None of them already have the style available? That shouldn't even be possible. The option to unlock should only be flagged when you log into an account where one of the characters has already collected the style.

Are all your PS4 accounts on the same console? Do you play on just one server or do you play on both the EU and US servers? What it sounds like to me, and this is just a theory, is that if you play on both EU and US that one PlayStation ID is linked to characters both on the EU and US server (but I don't even know if this is possible). I know it is possible on the PC, because I have characters on both the EU and US servers, but both under the same account. This means I can't use the CR skip on the EU and US server, just on one of them.

P.S. This isn't me trying to say you don't know what you're doing, I'm just trying to troubleshoot and find out what the cause of, and solution to, this problem is.
    • Like x 1