Cr scaling Flawed? Skills Points Idea!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hotsizz1e03, Jun 9, 2015.

1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

SO straight to it.....

CR SCALING:
    1) One thing i noticed is that no matter what your Cr is you will always get out DPS by the top powers in the game.
    For example: Munitions, mental, Quantum are 117-119.can OUt dps an Ice, electric, nature, Sorcery Earth 125. So is that working as intended?? If so, then the Cr scaling is flawed.

SKill POINT IDEA:
    2)Ive noticed whenever we respec our skill points, our Cr drops. So how about adding a skill point tier to boost your Cr as well.

For instance:
    100cr would boost your cr by 3
    140sp would boost your Cr by 5..
    200sp would boost your Cr by 10(random numbers) etc.
    Works well post gu47. Sps would then go hand in hand with GU47.

Not only would the top players with more SP be rewarded but it also advances how SP work since its been put to the backburner to the CR scaling. Rewarding the LONG grind for Sp.

3)The last tree in skill points that boost your might+prec by 25 each needs to be updated post gu47. even if u get this 7x(525might/precision) it does not give much in the grand scheme of things post gu47 and tier7 content and beyond. Why not make it so, if u buy 4 sets of these, on the 5th and beyond it changes to +50might+50prec per skill point spent. As well these number would change with the Support stats as well. Once again its rewarding the LONG grind for Sp.

CR SCALING:
    4) When we pick up weapons(during raids) no matter what role we are, our Cr drops. With the new gu47, the lower ur cr the less effective you are. Why arent these weapons(during raids) rated higher?
    i mean most times they boost alot of our stats overall.
  2. ChuckLess New Player

Skill points DO NOT affect our CR. When we respec, our weapon is disabled. That's why you see a drop in equiped CR.
    • Like x 7
  3. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

ahh makes sense then... So what you think about the proposed idea for Sp points to work hand in hand wit ur cr?
  4. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

This is a known issue (https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/DC-367), apparently is fixed internally and will go live when it goes live - probably Soon (tm).
    • Like x 2
  5. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Thanks for the update.. I guess im a little late on the info. im new lol
    • Like x 1
  6. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Don't sweat it...I'd be surprised if it was common knowledge.
  7. thermalshock2520 New Player

For example: Munitions, mental, Quantum are 117-119.can OUt dps an Ice, electric, nature, Sorcery Earth 125. So is that working as intended?? If so, then the Cr scaling is flawed.

This statement is totally wrong. If this is happening to roles that are 125 it is because they dont know how to play the game mainly. I am saying this as a 126 earth DPS that out DPS mental, quantum, munitions players. All of these powers are powerful and pretty balanced tbh if people take the time to understand how to use them just saying.
    • Like x 4
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

I do think SP should factor into CR. I also think mods should. I personally feel that CR should be reflective of your overall stats rather than gear level, so anything the impacts stats (Gear, SP etc.) should impact CR.
    • Like x 1
  9. ChuckLess New Player

If they intend to keep this stupid system that makes our stats seem useless, then yes, I am on board. The whole point of games like this is to raise your level of effectiveness by incremental amounts. Each piece of gear, and every so many skill points should feel like they make a difference.

This new system is just too simple. It really takes away from that feeling of progression. You know, THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS AND EVERY GAME!!! :mad:
    • Like x 3
  10. Ghostof91 New Player

Cr scaling is not flawed and is working as intended, the problem is the balance among powersets which is what the devs been working on for quite some time.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

SP are meaningless and I think they intend to keep it that way.
  12. Van_Gho Committed Player

naaaah that means my progression would be tied to other people and i'm not lucky enough to get carried to easy feat points.
  13. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I dont get how u dont see how the Cr system is flawed.. Lets take for example goin into lower tier content..
    Examples:

1)when they are hittin harder than t7.. workin as intended?

2)Or that the fact that we hit lower NPCs harder but their life bar barely moves(looks like the 30k hit did nothing.. go run t4 and A&b to see for proof) IM t7 btw 125cr

3) Or the fact that skill points are irrelevant in its whole entirely. With a game based around numbers and damage, you would think the higher u raiser ur MIght/prec you would hit harder. but thats not determined on your SP or stats, that dmg is determined on your Cr.

4)If skill points are indeed irrelevant why have them in the game? They do not benefit Dpsing anymore. Skill points have mainly benefited support roles.'

You may deem this all this as irrelevant but all of this is corresponds to the cr system at the forefront.. Now, i support Gu47, if its done correctly and its balanced accordingly where Sp matter along with the Cr..
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

HAHAHA good one lol
  15. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I just dont understand why keep SP in the game if its meaningless.. thats like having Mark of War currency in the game if its meaningless.. Why not just remove it completely if they dont want it in the game.. Is it really an illusion of stat buffing?
    • Like x 2
  16. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Well said man.. Im never the complain type.. but i do need to support things that make sense in the grand scheme of things especially when it involves with my money and contribution to keep this game i love alive.
    • Like x 1
  17. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

While there is definitely a fall off for SP as you get higher, they definitely useful in game......
    • Like x 1
  18. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I remember one player doing a test with support gear on but in DPS stance. Support role gear was 126. He ran some combat parser number. His might was around 4.5K give or take. Than ran the same toon but in the DPS gear that was 116 I believe. With almost 10K might. The 126 troll gear outperformed the 116 DPS gear, even though the DPS gear clearly has double the might.

Here is my thought on CR scaling. It should be part of a bigger equation to calculate damage, not the end all like it seems to be.

For instance, the game should do this, look at CR to determine a % boost or decrease in damage and it should be small, like each CR point is .5% difference, nothing all that big. From there let stats be the determining factor.

If I am a HL 116 vs. a HL 126 the 126 CR toon should only get a 5% increase in damage if we are both running in an instance against 126 enemies due to my damage reduction of 5% he should produce roughly 5% more damage if all things were equal.

Now let's say that I'm full VII mods and have 180 SP with a precision of 4700.
    The other player uses no mods and has 77 SP (just enough to get the crits) and his precision is around 3850.

Given this info I have 22% more precision than the other player. If both of us are doing the HL AM flawlessly one would expect my damage to be higher; however CR calculations need adjust my damage down or his up, whatever way it is viwed.

Given that HL is precision base and I have 22% more and he gets a 5% bonus or I get a 5% damage reduction, regardless of how you slice or dice it, I should be producing more damage since my stats are higher. This method makes more sense as stats should matter.

However, GU47 did not follow this logic. The logic seems more like for each CR up or down you get a pretty good % increase or decrease in damage vs. enemies.

Here are some interestings I have learned since GU47 dropped...
    • CR vs CR does not always work in all instance: A&B, DOX, T4 Operations, etc....
    • Even at 126 CR with good powersets, some players are not skilled and really should not be a DPS
    • Pet powers can be decieving as the Pet does not take on the players equipped CR but the total CR making some 116 Earth or Sorcery players seem like 121 due to them being 126 in the Support role - same can be said for Sidekick Robot
    • AFII and T7 Content seems much easier than LD, A&B, Dox, Nexus, etc....Those instances got a serious buff, a properly equipped group may run into some trouble in those raids.
    • SP are important only if going against equally gear players but only marginally, yet I spent more time getting a 25 point feat than I do getting a full set of gear - correct this please
    • Mods - I farm for hours only to find out that my 500+ increase in precision vs. a player without a mod only gives me less than a 2% increase in damage even though the overall increase in precision is around 10%. That makes sense.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ghostof91 New Player

I agree with all your points in that regaerds it flawed I thought you were refering damage from powersets .