CR help please?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UxDRAGON, May 14, 2017.

1. UxDRAGON Well-Known Player

I've been playing DCUO since 2011 and most of my level 30 characters never got past CR 50 cause I didn't understand which gear I should get for my CR and which way is the most time efficient to get better gear. I own two DLCs which is lightning strikes and War of the light part 2 keep in mind I don't have a membership (legendary membership) so how could I make use of these DLCS aswell?
  2. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Not sure about the DLCs and what they would provide. If you want to kick your CR up you need to take advantage of the "Events" page and the Starro event.

1. Go to the "Central City Deluge Zone" in the Hall Of Doom/Watchtower? (Never been a hero). In there you will have to do one mission at a time to unlock everything. After that you can come back daily to grab them all at once. On a regular day you will have a few small missions and a mission called "Fallen Stars" which will give you a gear box. I would still do the others since you'll earn spores that will also let you buy gear boxes from the Starro vendor.

2. Do "The Vault" whenever you can. This is under the 1-player tab. Chances are you will at least get a style or two every once in a while but you'll also earn a mark of victory every time you go. Sometimes you'll even get a piece of gear that will help you jump up CR. Definitely worth the whole minute it takes.

3. Back to the "Events" tab. Queue up and complete the two player and four player Starro missions. Each one can be done daily and will give you gear. You'll also get spores which again will let you buy gear from the starro vendor.

4. There are a few weekly things you can do. They reset on Thursdays so even as is you could grab a decent haul of gear from them. Within the Deluge Zone there will be "Applied Science", "Radio Star(Fish), and the big Starro bounty. There is also an 8 person raid from the "Events" tab of the On Duty menu. Just from the raid you should pull 2-3 pieces of gear.

5. Mental Manifestations is another daily event. It is a quick and easy stupid quick mission. You'll get stabilizer fragments that will eventually give you a stabilizer which will open the Time Capsules. In turn this will give you a shot at gear. Most of the time it will be other random stuff, but given the time it takes it is definitely worth doing just because when it does give you gear it will definitely be a step up from whatever you have equipped.

6. There should be other daily missions you can do for Marks of victory. I remember doing a toyman mission, deconstruction, and hunting bounties galore. Marks of victory = gear.

I see that you are on PS4? You should be able to go to the PS Store and there is "Starter kit" or something like that which is free. This should give you "Premium" access or something like that. So you'll be able to do more of some things. I know that this question was about the DLCs that you do have, but honestly I only spent a few days without the membership and I was too low rank to know. Someone more experienced will probably clear that up shortly. I just know the 6 things above will definitely bulk you up quickly.
    • Like x 2
  3. UxDRAGON Well-Known Player

Thank you so much, is steps 1,2 and 3 only temporary? Like what I mean is could I do them whenever I want and they won't dissappear?
  4. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Step 2 will always be around. I think that if you do the whole PS Plus thing I told you about you will be able to go there every single day and you will get a Mark Of Victory each day. So far in my time here there always seems to be some event going on, but I think you have the rest of the month to do them. It seems that there is always a stabilizers mission available as well. Which again is a bit of a gamble, but it will eventually pay off with a good piece of gear. I am at 188CR and literally the majority of my current gear is from time capsules. However, it was the Starro event that ranked me up the most. If you are not yet rank 30 here is what I did. The event can be ran as soon as you hit Rank 10. So I started doing them every day. I had a friend help me with the open world stuff and the 2 player mission. The rest should be decently easy since it is 4 to 8 player content. Don't open the gear though. Stash it away in your bank. Try to get your CR as high as you can without spending marks or opening these boxes. When you've done that start opening the Starro boxes and if you get two of the same item try to sit on the other until you unlock a few other pieces. Some missions are going to give you a choice. Close the menu that has the two choices, go look at your inventory, and see which of the two choices is the weaker spot. Always try to target the weaker of the two. The more you can do without the Starro items/Time Capsules/Marks of Victory the better. You can only have 100 Marks of Victory though so there may come a point where you have no choice but to spend them.

I would still do as many of the 8 person, 4 person, duo and solo instances as you can. Some of them will reset weekly and some are daily. If you are only focusing on one character you can still make huge progress before the Starro event ends. I wish you were on the US servers. I could run you through all the content and help you get there. Really the things listed above should be the priority as they are easy, guaranteed gear (Well except the ones that aren't like Time Capsules and The Vault, but even then they shouldn't take 5 minutes combined). If you play on PS4 there is a way to get on the US servers, but it would probably force you to lose all your current progress and purchases. Anyway, you may even have some replay badges that come with the account. A lot of the Starro content is pretty cheap to reset. The 8 person raid is like 87 replay badges or something close to that. Again, the big factor outside of the gear boxes is that every mission is giving you the spores that you can use to buy gear boxes, or the plans for the ring/mask/utility belt. Those plans require a bit of supplies but they are the highest ranked items in the game. Literally the highest anything else goes is 165. The rings will go to 170 (So buying these plans will let you make two rings). The utility belt (Clasp of omnipotence) will go to 172. The mask will go to 174. This makes them well worth the purchase and for the most part you can find the stuff needed. If you only have one choice due to the time left on the event. Go for the rings first. Which you will almost make enough spores on the first day to buy it since they have you do all the Deluge Zone events one by one, then they give you all of them again right after.

It may sound like a ton of work, but really it doesn't take me 30 minutes to do all of the daily events I listed. There is also a "Spring" event going now. You can get 10 "Seed-pods" every day from doing the 4 player instance in the Events tab, and there's a mission called "Poisonous Desire" or something like that. You just run around Gotham (I suggest Ace Chemicals area) and you bring 12 plants to life and kill 18 scientist guys. Even on a bad day it doesn't take 15 minutes to do this. I mention this because you can save up 100 Seed pods and buy a gear box that should attune to your CR. There are only two in this but those two will give you the "Feat" along with the gear. For me it was garbage gear but depending on your current CR you should get something good.
  5. saywhaaaaaaaat Well-Known Player

Villain by any chance?
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The best way to learn the order of what gear items to get to advance your CR, just look at the Tier gear vendors. Most of them will sell items in order of importance but sometimes the gear is jumbled, so pay attention to the Mark's prices and go from highest priced to lowest.

If you go the route of using the scaling gear from Major Events and/or TC to raise your CR, always be mindful of the lowest CR gear you have. The lowest CR items will hold you back, especially with the small amount of CR gains that the scaling gear gives.

Those DLCs are rather far apart. Lightning is T3 and War 2 is the later half of T6, so you have a lot of no access to content space there. If you are interested in getting more DLCs do a lot of research to see what is most efficient and interesting to you.