Cr Differential turned off Impressions Tier 3

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Electrizzaro, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It's a shame the didn't keep the changes up for the weekend. I haven't tried but feedback threads have said the next episode is far too easy. That's a shame because no challenge does drive people from the game. My league lost 9 players to Blade and Souls. The one guy did log on last night, got into a PBR group. Seemed like he was only on for 15 minutes then I saw the first and second boss feats pop and then he logged off within 5 minutes.
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Just a little more detail, taken from my stat flattening thread data (link below--has been fixed, as have some other broken links that I forgot to update after the server change!).

Before GU 47, stats increased non-linearly by anywhere from 4-6x between CR 52 and CR 112, depending on the stat. By comparison, after GU 47, all stats had identical linear growth of just under 2x over the same 60 CR interval. Following that same linear growth pattern, we're only now, at CR 158, getting to about 3.5x of the CR 52 stats, even though we've increased another 46 CR! The flattened stats do make us stronger, but at a much slower rate than before GU 47. The difference is particularly apparent with the Health and Defense stats, which probably explains why folks still felt squishy on the recent test build, despite feeling their damage out had improved a bit, when they overgeared content. Post-GU 47, CR Differential was used to compensate for the flattened stats, magnifying both our strength and survivability. With that gone, the full effect of the flattened stats is appreciated.

I have tried to estimate what some of the inflated stat growth would need to be by CR 158 to give us a similar feel as we had with the CR Differential in place. Of course, the stat growth prior to GU 47 wasn't linear, nor was it equivalent for all stats. That means I'm using a lot of guess work. I essentially extrapolated the curves from the pre-GU 47 gear stats I used in the original analysis. Note that those stats did not include weapon, jewelry, trinkets, mods, or SP allocation. I added a little more to each, in order to try and compensate. That in mind, here are my predictions for DPS stats after the return of stat inflation:

Health and Defense: ~55-60k
    Might and (Effective) Precision: ~35-40k
    Resto: ~15k
    Vit & Power: ~10-15k

Again, very rough estimates, but hopefully gives you an idea of the differences we're dealing with between flattened and inflated stats.
    • Like x 1
  3. Pults Loyal Player

Kind of, the removal was a sort of publicity stunt of "WE'RE DOING IT". At this stage no real testing could actually be done. That's why the main goal was to get an impression of how it works.

As for the new alert, the normal version is very vanilla, one healer and 3 DPS can go through it under 20 minutes. The elite one is a bit more challenging but again, stacking DPS makes it seem easy. Mechanics don't demand having all 4 roles.

Also
    You're welcome!
    ~Fabby
  4. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Honestly they closed the topic before I even knew it started. I can appreciate it is annoying when a few people post irrelevant things, but to close the topic and end the testing because of it? Seems way to rushed to me.