CR and Elite gear.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sbel, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Sbel Devoted Player

It's 4 am here, so please forgive my incoherence.

In the lead up to Episode 15, Spytle or Mepps casually mentioned that dlc 16 will have higher level gear, even though it's the same set. People asked why but received no response. I think I've connected a few dots.

Elite gear. The Elite gear is the same level as the normal gear, but has a set bonus. But since the set bonuses aren't that useful and since you have to remod to use it, some people don't think it's even worth getting/using.

But, look at the gear drop plan:
    [IMG]

You get 4 120 pieces from the raid this month. You get 4 different 123 pieces from the normal alert next month. From the Elite Alert you get the same 4 pieces that you're getting from the raid this month. But what level? Probably level 123. Which means that if you want to max your CR next month, you need the 4 drops from the regular alert and the 4 drops from the Elite alert.

And to max out your CR this month, you need to replace 4 pieces of your gear with 120 pieces and the rest with 112 pieces. Which means a lot of mods.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts I had kicking around in my head. I should shamble off to bed. Later all.
    • Like x 3
  2. Avian Dedicated Player

Ever since the CR change I feel like modding is just superfluous for anything else than my tank. for DD, troll and healer I just use alpha/beta mods for the affinities because troll/heal have more than enough stats as it is and for DD CR matters way more now.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ichiro Loyal Player

Makes perfect sense to me.
  4. lukelucky Devoted Player

once i recieve the top tiered gear i mod it same as normal. knowing i might not finish the set of bonus gear (elite drops) i wont remod the item. simply collect the style and put it aside. now that its 30 days after the last half of the suit drops i feel less motivated than ever to remod. the extreme lack of recovery kits plays into the low motivation.
    not finishing the set
    small bonuses
    30 days till its irrelavant are top 3 reasons i dont remod
  5. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

You reaLize the gear from this episode won't be replaced next episode right?
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

i am operating under the impression that we get a new set of gear every 3 months. its just spread out over 3 months. month 4 would then be higher gear agian. i openly admit i can be so far off but thats how i recevied what ive heard. the rewards on the 3rd month this way would have a short shelf life with higher cr gear in month 4. i can be wrong but again its how i percieved the information we got.
  7. Xanoth Dedicated Player

What's the bet the elite alert and normal alert share a lockout.

I'd guess only 1 day flagging, so need to do normal still every other day.

Really dislike how flagging works here, flags should be permanent and the zones shouldn't share loot locks.
    • Like x 2
  8. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I would imagine it would start again with the 4 pieces received in the first of 3 episodes that way it's 3 months for each piece.

I
    • Like x 1