CR 43 Batcave Mission

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by scottwjb, Mar 16, 2020.

1. scottwjb New Player

I find it funny to be gaming with 7 CR 200 ups during my first round of a CR 43 Batcave mission. Im doing this mission well after the loot lockout of CR 64 anyways. CR jumping maybe a thing but if its really a game the idea is to actually beat the opponents in a fair fight.

Add to this if I choose to stop and pick up a Briefing or Investigation while the 7 CR 200 ups are pushing forward, I know because of experience I will get KO'd by the adds the other 7 skipped.

It is not a fair game if my 7 other team mates are always well over qualified for missions.

My suggestion is to restrict access to content to only 1 CR 200 up for each 8 man raid that what Computer generated queued up. Let them do walkins since they can finish them easily Solo. Get DCUO back into the fair gaming business.
  2. freekyjason New Player

that sort of restriction will reduce the ability to find a queue even further.

some of these players will have missed feats while levelling, due to inability to find a group or lack of time or w/e the reason. some will have level skipped and be trying to increase their skillpoints without using a million replay badges. and some will just be bored and/or enjoy older content.

there was a thread complaining before about high cr players smashing lower content and noone learning during the run. the advice given to that player was to actually talk to the others. say "hey, i need the investigation/briefing in here if thats ok" or "hey can we at least try this competitively? can you take some gear off or something?" or join a league thats all for that kind of action.

there are many ways to deal with this situation that usually just require simple communication. not a standard blanket "fix" that is anything but. some people will be trolls, some will be downright rude, but you never know till you ask right? and failing that use the LFG channel for all its worth.

just a couple of thoughts
    • Like x 2
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay just to let you know this is by no means a brand new subject and the entire reason the "relevancy" system exists is based on what you are complaining about. Years back players with lower Cr started coming on the forums and crying about how the HIGHER CR were ruining their gaming experience and so the DEV team set it up so above the recommended level a player just stop getting any sort of reward at all aside from some armor that at the time was totally useless because the augments didn't exit so it could not even be salvaged.

And guess what happened next? freekyjason hit on it in his post... All the higher CR just stopped running the content and the exact same low CR players were back on here complaining because it was taking forever to find enough players to form a team. Now I have no clue if you are playing as a hero or villain but on the Villain side thanks to a lower overall population it was even worse... You could que up for a raid and an hour or more would pass without the game being able to locate 7 other players to join you.

Now I know what you are talking about as far as briefing and such are concerned. sadly in most cases the HIGHER CR are only in that mission to grab a feat they didn't get before so they blast past mobs like crazy but if you just stick with the team you WILL get the armor , that FEAT those players are are trying for along with the armor drops. So you need to decide what is more important... a briefing or three new pieces of armor and 1 or more new feats to make you stronger.

Let's take a look at your idea.. Placing a ONE CR 200+ limit on a CR 43 mission doesn't solve anything. Guess what.. at CR 291 which my main is currently sitting at I could blast my way through a CR 43 mob using only my weapon fire so imagine how fast they'd die if I used the attacks in my trays?

Oh and let's also keep in mind that while YOU don't want that much high powered help there are other players out there begging for it. I actually get tired of blind invites in outdoor missions because some player assumed I am in the same area he is I MUST be doing the same thing and I can help him.
    • Like x 1
  4. MrPlumberman Active Player

First, I'd love a teleporter that would allow me and my high cr buddies to que into instances with less than the required number of players. Yes I know this would hurt ques further but then we could stop hearing these complaints.

To be honest, probably the easiest would be an option in the settings that would only allow people of combat relevancy to enter together. Obviously make it so it can be toggled on and off.

But if you get an entire group of at level players to run stuff like FoS 2 and the Batcaves, please post a video. I need a good laugh.
  5. Chia Death Well-Known Player

That's one opinion- personally I never look for a "fair fight" when playing a game. I grind extra levels out on trash mobs in rpgs, I get power-ups and better weapons in fps, I look for tactical advantages I can utilize to give me an advantage in strategy games- why on earth would I go looking for a fight I have a good chance of losing?
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's PvE, not PvP.
    • Like x 1
  7. Faerie_Knight Well-Known Player

Personally, I wouldn't try finding all the collectables, briefings, and investigations in the Batcave alerts until around CR 90. As the OP noted, players race through Alerts as fast as they possibly can, probably because they are looking to get the "Complete in under X minutes" feat. This means that whenever possible they are skipping enemies. So if you don't keep up with the group, you're in serious trouble. By around CR 90 you should be able to handle groups of enemies in the Batcave alerts. Thus you'll be able to go through them after completion looking for all the collectables.