Counter window ?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Redscreen5, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Redscreen5 New Player

What's going on with the punishment window for lunge ? It's incredibly short, I'm sure there are others who are witness the same problems these updates have been a genuine success in my opinion, but DW, and Staffs missed block breakers are almost impossible to lunge (especially if the staff is clipping the BB back into rotation of a combo).

I saw a post on testing with someone explaining that MA lunge (the actual animation) is too slow to correctly apply with countering a missed BB. I assumed it would be fixed prior the hot fix but they haven't addressed it.

At the end of day I will adjust to it if it's intentional but surely it needs to be / will be looked into.
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes I saw the same thing. The window got really small for most NPCs that I saw.

In order to be able to lunge at an NPC... I have to guesstimate when he will BB me and I have to start pressing the lunge button just a little before the actual BB to make sure that I can lunge during what is now the window.

Since to lunge we need to hold the darn button for about a second.... too often.... by the time you hold the button... the symbol has already disappeared and you have missed your window to lunge.

So the only option I found right now is to try to lunge just before the symbol appears. But to do that you must be able to guess when the NPC will BB.

Does not always work... but there you go.

So yes trying to lunge has become a lot more harder suddenly.

Another things that was "well thought out" by the devs as usual. :oops:

Good job guys. :rolleyes:
  3. TheLoneLantern New Player

It's just part of the pros and cons of these weapons MA's lunge makes up for the insane response time of it's BB, same with bow. If you see someone tap blocking with either of those two weapons, a ranged hold is almost guaranteed to counter. And bow's BB can be jump canceled while still getting the counter.