could we have old booster bundels rotate?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by stärnbock, Sep 18, 2017.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

i would like to make a water toon with OG nimbus aura.
    just that hundreds of millions $ is not in the budget...
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

INB4 BUT IT WAS EXCLUSIVE MINE MINE MINE MINE NOT YOURS! ;-)
    • Like x 6
  3. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Mepps said in the Ask DCUO on September 8th that the OG auras will not be returning, but they may return some of the variants in future bundles.

BTW - What does OG mean, anyway? Original Gangsta? Original?
    • Like x 2
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

OG its a new terms these young ones make these days with words like lol meaning laugh out loud, and OMG for oh my god.

OG Stands for Original the first of its kind.
    • Like x 5
  5. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

OG actually means Original Gangsta. But yeah its basically used to described anything thats the original version these days. And the term has actually been around for quite some time.
    • Like x 5
  6. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Thanks. I don't always get all the new chat/text lingo. I'm still one of those who rarely uses it in my texts and prefers to type as I would speak or write a semi-formal paper. Based on e-mails I receive these days, I think most formalities have been dropped even when writing someone for the first time.
    • Like x 4
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

• Like x 3
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No.
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Mine, mine, mine, not yours. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Jeff Bond Committed Player

I missed out on the OG Smoke aura even though I dropped too much hard cash on bundles. Lesson learned. Won't be spending money on luck based offers anymore.
    • Like x 1
  11. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Exclusive.
    Once.
    One time only.
    Rare Event.
    "While supplies last"
    Non-repeatable

all terms used to educate us that something is happening once, and will not happen again.

Like a lot of first person shooter maps I cant participate in ever again because they were short term during popular events.
    • Like x 2
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

Actually OG stands for Original Gear, which in the MMO world any original gear that is obtained 1 time only and never to return. Kind of like founders items in some games, or like the OG Batman Cowl. or the OG batman from preordering the game.
    • Like x 1
  13. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Oh, that explains it. I don't like crap ... er ... rap. ;)

Yes, that was a joke. I play basketball, so I actually hear rap a lot and have gotten used to it. It's just not my favorite genre.
    • Like x 1
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Like others have already stated OG is original gangsta. But its been adopted as "original" or the 1st for some reason. And every time these threads happen people simply fail to understand what the term "exclusive" means. The original batman skin for legends was a pre order exclusive item. Not coming back. Just like the back from the hack feat, two face eyeball and batman cowl that players got from surviving the hack.

Many many video games, not just MMOs, have done exclusive items. Been going on for awhile now in the gaming industry. And all over the world when it comes to products. When a company says this is an exclusive item or sale its understood to be a 1 time thing that is not going to happen again. If people dont understand what exclusive means google it or have someone explain it to ya. Its not a tough concept to understand tbh.

The whole exclusive item is done because companies know consumers will shell out the $ to get the exclusive item. They will spend that extra $$$. If the item is then brought back or brought back and made easier to obtain it makes the people who spent that extra money feel slighted. And thats how ya lose customers ;)
    • Like x 2
  15. lukelucky Devoted Player

Its funny how many people who never had a shot at these items want them yet won't ever make Dcuo any additional revenue. Brilliant
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

In other words kids are dumb
  17. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

No they were "Limited Time" Exclusives, what part of this concept is misunderstood by some of you?? The devs have also answered this question time and time again; they are not coming back.
    • Like x 2
  18. Shadow Force Committed Player

I don't get why can't the booster bundles rotate, though if that happens then the booster bundle with OG Plasmic shold cost as much as it did before 2000SC and have regular auras in the aura box as well it's only fair. I was one of the lucky ones and snagged my OG Plasmic first time i opened one.
    • Like x 1
  19. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Because they didn't release them the first time by saying they rotate. They released them as exclusive items. Had they said, "We'll be rotating Booster Bundles every so often," you'd be absolutely right. They did not do that, though. They said the auras would be exclusive. That's why they can't rotate.
    • Like x 2
  20. Shadow Force Committed Player

Exclusive to the Booster bundle
    • Like x 2