Could Super Strength be useful?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iron YoJimBo, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Iron YoJimBo New Player

I was thinking, what if the damage done with objects & super strength scaled with cr?

If anything I think the whole iconics tree needs a revamp to make it more viable for top tier gameplay.
    • Like x 10
  2. Alpha XXX New Player

I am very much in favour or a revamp to iconic powers, super strength is about the only power I ever wanted to wield and sadly and ironically is all but redundant in dcuo.
    • Like x 5
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, Super Strength is really more of a novelty. Sure, it's fun to pick up buses and throw them, but even with the 100% weaponization, the damage is weak. I agree that it should scale, it should work better with powerset manifested objects, and I also think it should boost certain weapon damage (melee weapons, Shield, Bow). Would make it worth specing.
    • Like x 6
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Perhaps X-Ray vision could give a bonus to other projectile weapons (DP, Rifle, HB), so there would be a balance.
    • Like x 4
  5. HermanRuth New Player

Redundant? Huh?
  6. Alpha XXX New Player

Yeah, I do pick it as a power for old times sake, but in real terms it has no use in the game above level 30.

It is a bit out of place in the level 22 section in fact it would be nice if it added a might and/or precision buff to balance with things like tactical buffs or nanoweave armour tat least then you feel it is always enhancing you build in some way.
    • Like x 4
  7. Caseyyeah Committed Player

I agree that super strength is nearly useless after 30. As are much of the iconics in general.

The only ones worth getting, in my opinion, are the percentage based ones, Word of Power, and Hard Light shield. I'm not sure the devs realize it or not but some of the ones like +100 defense, +100 health, and the like are a waste of a power point since those amounts at CR 100+ lvl are barely drops in a bucket.
    • Like x 3
  8. Iron YoJimBo New Player

I also wanted the iconics to be as powerful as their titles lead them on to be.
    • Like x 3
  9. Caseyyeah Committed Player

Someone should slip a note to DC Comics explaining how underpowered the powers of some of their iconic characters are being represented in game.
    • Like x 4
  10. Minnion Devoted Player

An idea I proposed in another thread is that Superstregnth should unlock some weaponization combos too... For example:

Crumple: Tap and hold melee to crumple the held object into a ball, doing this to encased enemies causes the enemy to suffer crushing for the remaining duration of the encasement. Crumpled objects do more damage than uncrumpled objects.

Super-toss: Hold to charge up a super-toss that has a chance of stunning or knocking down the enemy that is hit with it.

Spin: Hold Melee to perform a spin attack with the held object to knock enemies back.

Object shield: Blocking while holding an object will cause the object to take damage instead of you.(Note this can lead to the object being shattered, or in the case of encased enemies trigger an early breakout.)
    • Like x 5
  11. HermanRuth New Player

Not being jerky, I don't understand how it's "redundant". By the way, if you're mental and you use TK, you'll notice a difference with it.
  12. Bruherd New Player

Seriously. It bothered me that when I wanted to create a balanced Green Lantern Superman that mixing lantern powers and superman powers was a bust. Heat Vision and Super Strength were pretty much looked down upon by players and pretty much obsolete in higher level content. It's really a shame. If that's the case then these powers should be free and not cost a Power Point. This way we can still use the ability to satisfy our toon. I REALLY hate the fact this game does NOTHING to compensate for people who want to role play with thier toon instead of just being another carbon copy of someone else's ideal Tank,Troller,DPS or Healer.

The other day I was told that "Superman now uses a rifle if he's gonna DPS" becuase I use brawling for my toon. That's so stupid. The game was lazily built to find fundamental flaws in weapons and powers the devs created so that players can either force others to copy play styles and loadouts as everyone else to fit in or cast them away becuase it does not benefit them the most. Really sad.
    • Like x 2
  13. Tweek New Player

it would be great if you could put sp into superstrength for extra dam
    • Like x 1
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

I've always liked the idea of certain weapons working with specific powers better than others but I had always suspected this to be a minority opinion. Most, I would think, want to be able to pick either a) the weapon that fits their look and feel or b) is the FTM for pvp and specific clipping combinations.

I would be interested though, to see if I am wrong on this and if more people would like weapon selection to be a little more strategic with regards to certain powers or roles.
    • Like x 3
  15. Minnion Devoted Player

Perhaps give some of the iconic powers synergy with certain weapon styles too...
    For instance, Superstreigth synergyizing well with Brawling...
    Batarangs actually replace the ninja throwing stars if you are using martial Arts and you have that power in your loadout...
    Amazonian deflection doing more damage if used with the shield weapon equipped... Stuff like that...
    • Like x 6
  16. Franchise New Player

should make weapon attacks do twice as damage compared to without super strength. Bet the DPS dont use that much power anymore lol
    • Like x 2
  17. Vodka Committed Player

I just like picking up cars and setting them on top of buildings.

I don't want to waste a power point for that, though, and there's never anything actually useful around to use during instances.

If they can't scale it up, at least make it cost a skill point, instead.
    • Like x 2
  18. Whiteroom New Player

All the Iconics should be revamped to make them viable.
    • Like x 1
  19. FelixDuo Committed Player

I'd be satisfied with Super Strength just giving a small boost to Precision. Either a really small percentage, between 5-10%, or a decent flat number, like 50. It really is more of a novelty at the moment than anything.

I also agree that the defense and health boosts should be percentage based. A small percentage, but enough to make us want to spend points on them over more powers.
    • Like x 1
  20. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

I think that Super Strength can boost a couple of other powers enough to make them viable.

Example: the hand-thrown version of Meteor, of the final throw of Light Weight

But other than that... a bit dull as it is now
    • Like x 2