Could Pistolet have more troll-friendly combos?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Pistol is a really cool weapon that I think deserves to be used more as a ranged weapon and as a support role, unfortunately at the moment I find the weapon not really practical for roles like troll, as it has few fast and simple ranged attacks in animation, there is one, but it is too animated and therefore slow to be used effectively in addition to moving us around too much.

I don't think there's much to work on with this weapon, but it should have shorter combos and more static and faster attacks like the lightning bolt for example, other weapons have more choices, I think the pistol could use one or two more attacks in that direction.

Finally, I see this in relation to the commands we have as PC players, some combos now require 2 times the right mouse command which is way too long, troll needs fast and safe attacks in his moves, well moves that are not too dangerous for him.

For example, there could be an anime where the character spins around and kneels down and shoots or something like that, it's just one of many possible moves, maybe there are even ideas to take from the Gotham Knight game with Red Hood, why not? Anyway, all this is to say that there are probably other simpler attacks to be created so that the pistol can be more easily used for a support role that has to be played at a distance.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You’re asking for them to rework the weapon entirely and claiming it’s not much work…
    • Like x 1
  3. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

That's not what I'm saying, I didn't say it needs to be ENTIRELY reworked, I'm saying it could gain an extra attack or 2 or modify "certain key combinations" to be more practical to use in support roles!
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

I think pistols are very cool visually and would love to see a viable WM combo for support roles. I find that combo that makes you jump backwards totally impractical.

At this point in the game’s life cycle and given all that has gone before, it’s clear that adjusting weapon combos to offer a greater variety of choice is not really a development priority.

I do think dual pistols stands out as a particularly poor weapon as it isn’t viable in ANY role. All the other weapons are viable for one of the roles or in PvP. Bow is the other duffer but it does feed into dual wield for flurry shot.