Cosmic Material Coloring Changes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vesper, May 27, 2016.

1. Vesper Dedicated Player

OMG! This is awesome!

For anyone who didn't catch the Twitch clip earlier, Mepps & NerdOfPrey announced that there are changes coming to the Cosmic Material.

1) It will no longer be locked to purple. It will now be tied to your 3rd color on your color selector.

2) It is not locked per piece either. You can use the color selector to individually apply a color tint to each individual piece of gear.

3) Expect this in the next major fix-pack, so probably 1-2 weeks.

This is amazing. I was frankly shocked that they listened and acted upon the feedback in multiple threads so quickly. Thanks Devs. Your hard work is SO appreciated.

So yeah.....now I suddenly need several more copies of Cosmic. :eek: Exclusive, one-time Cosmic. :eek::D:eek:
    • Like x 11
  2. Caroline Dedicated Player

Yeah, that's great !
  3. Tacca Well-Known Player

my character is purple, all this means for me is changing slot 3 to purple for every piece that has cosmic applied.
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

I wonder if they've tried to make it possible to only apply the material to a single color channel per slot? If that were to happen, materials would be perfect.

I still don't want one but it's a great change.
    • Like x 2
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Very good change.

I can be hard on the Developers from time to time and give them s**t but when they do something that I feel deserves praise I will go out of my way to give them it.

Nicely done Devs. :)

Now I'm thinking of buying a spare Cosmic just to hold onto for a future sale because I do feel this change will increase the value of the Cosmic Material quite a bit.
  6. Saami Loyal Player

Did you take a course to find negative things in everything or were you just born with it?
    Im joking ofc. Dont take it seriously :)
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Would there be the option to leave it with it's current purple lock for those who like the purple but don't have purple as part of their colour-scheme?
    Didn't they say that it being locked to purple was a bug? So of course they would work on fixing a bug that no real impact on the game :p
  9. megamanzero Loyal Player

if i have the red hood jacket can i set just the emblem part to cosmic? or is it the whole chest?
  10. megamanzero Loyal Player

they should still add more materials...metal, spandex etc
  11. Kajuru Well-Known Player

I believe they will. Just hope they place it on MP and some basic ones for free on collections/briefs. Cosmic was the test.
    • Like x 2
  12. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

13. Captin Raptor Well-Known Player

Great news, i got one a few days ago and decided to hold on to it hoping the value goes up. This should definitely jack up the price a bit.
  14. Kroye Loyal Player

Do you hear the broker prices going up? I do. And it's still a current Booster Bundle.

Crazy.
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

yeah..... the price has gone up. But the price had gone up even before the stream.

is it because the RNG makes the Cosmic too rare??? how may bought 13+ BB and did not even get it???
    is it because not enough people actually buy them BB making them even more rare???

Only Mepps and the Shadow knows. ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Pults Loyal Player

Aww Yiss, I get to set it permenantly white. Just what I wanted.
  17. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

I would very much like this too. I am ok with it having to be the third color to be cosmic, but I really would love it if you could make one or more color channels not cosmic while the rest are.

As per above. It is currently all cosmic or not. I don't really know how it works with parts that have built in emblems (if you effectively lose the emblem) but if you have emblems not tied to a chest piece (ie from the actual emblem slot) they are not cosmic. But again individual costume pieces are all or nothing with regard to new material.

I am wondering this too. The purple isn't bad and I might want to leave it purple on some cases. I figure just in case it isn't, I will rewatch the stream and see if I can grab the color code for the purple from when NerdofPrey changes it.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Don't have a Cosmic (and certainly don't have enough ingame cash to buy six), but it would be a nice option for those who do
  19. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Nice but it still doesn't match the Marketplace items where you change the colour of the tint and the space. ;) With this willingness to change I might get a few more bundles to see if I get it and put into storage in case I do want a black space Cosmic or they change it so you can colour both.
  20. Supergirly Dedicated Player

And the rich get richer. That cosmic will sell for 200 million plus now... watch.