Cosmic Boy's Truck Orbital

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Nov 8, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Can this be a thing?!

Can we get this orbital? Where we can drop trucks on enemies? Seriously, pretty please!?!?
    • Like x 23
  2. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Gives a whole new meaning to "that hits like a truck"
    • Like x 6
  3. Jaelia Committed Player

Agree + 1 :)
    • Like x 2
  4. BumblingB I got better.

It would go well with the idea of the old days, when the developers were saying things like using objects to do damage. Alas, we don't have a lot of that now, but this can be a nice dream.
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

I suspect we'll get the Empress effect but this would be so much better. That said if the og Zeus orbital got hate from tanks I would think this would be worse.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Lol, fun idea, but what happens when said trucks start blocking line of site and flying around the instance or worse yet, some players start using trucks to purposefully cheese content by standing on or behind them to avoid mechanics resulting on others screaming "scrubs"

Unless you're suggesting the trucks just immediately disappear :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Maybe the truck can just turn into a pile of metal trash like the manhunters and then slowly disappear.
    • Like x 3
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Yes our powers just keep destroying them like in open world, let's do this :)
    • Like x 2
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Oh, I am. I would assume it would fall and explode and disappear right after. Sort of like how Sentinel's orbital works.
    • Like x 3
  10. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

I miss of the days of Consume Objects with fire, too OP.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Or the St. Patrick orbital. That was my first thought when I saw your proposal.
    • Like x 2
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I don't have that one, missed several times that seasonal. LoL
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Basically it drops a pot of gold on the target, the pot is opaque and fully rendered, but it has no collision and disappears without a trace. That’s how I imagine your proposed truck orbital working.
    • Like x 2
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Sounds good too.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sounds cool in theory, but much like when the mother/father boxes came out it was annoyingly overwhelming with the 'wa-wa-wa' noises, having 8 trucks drop on a boss fight in a raid might be kind of rough. Maybe a few VW bugs mixed in there too?

Tanking is already hard enough with all the henchmen, pets, animations....let's add trucks?

EDIT. Assuming the truck disappeared or was pretty transparent and had no physical presence (to stop line of sight ect...) yeah, it's a fun novelty. If it's as the truck is in Cosmic boy's area... physical and lasts for a min or so...no.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Audio and visual effects is in this game and would not make a difference between them. When the Zeus trinket came out, it was a blinding spam fest, but hardly anyone uses it now. Even the boxes are less used. And you can outright buy them.

This is a fun addition that will be used by novelty players. Just like the spartoi, beastiamorphs, and critters.
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t see how it would be much worse than the aforementioned pot of gold, plus not everyone will use it. I for one won’t be because using anything other than the Atlantis orbital with Dead King’s Sceptor just feels wrong. If only I’d known they were going to buff it before I spent 70mil on that shadow orbital...
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Edited my original post to clarify. Mainly depends on how it was implemented. When I was responding to the OP originally, it was prior to any of the suggestions for it to be a graphic only...like pot of gold.
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It was only ever realistically gonna be graphic though, this dev team is probably stretched too thin for anything wackier than that.
  20. Wildcat Committed Player

+1

trucks, huge meteors etc
    • Like x 1