Core Strength or Penetrating Strikes?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Supergirly, May 5, 2016.

1. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I know core gives you +10% dmg, but penetrating strikes ignores some defense. What do you all think it better? I am not looking for a poll here, I am curious is core strength is worth it anymore.
    • Like x 2
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Core strength is still better on enemies your cr or lower.

Pen strikes is better on higher cr mobs.
    • Like x 3
  3. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

I like core strength because it is constant rather than a possibility
    • Like x 1
  4. Red Templar Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. The Mythical Luna Dark Well-Known Player

Did not know that. Thanks for the info.:)
  6. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Okay, so for T7 penetrating strike, but lower, core? But doesn't CR just make it pointless at lower CR? I am confused. lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Red Templar Dedicated Player

You are running mainly T7 stuff right. You are fine with just sticking with Penetrating Strikes. You don't have to worry about Core being better unless you are Max CR (164) because that is where you will need the actual buff. I'd suggest just sticking with Penetrating Stikes unless you are looking to run all the Elite Raids for the elite gear at Tier.

PS will buff you where you need it, but against lower mobs you'll get the CR bonus so it wou]not be a huge issue for you.
  8. Delta796th Loyal Player

If you are 4+ CR below the add you are fighting PS is better. Once you come closer in CR to the add CS is better.

Im pretty sure it's around these numbers, but someone did the testing a while ago. I just don't remember who.
    • Like x 2
  9. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Okies, thanks everyone :)
  10. L T Devoted Player

If you do the math, Core Strength wins by a very narrow margin-- unless your enemy has a shield, in which case Penetrating Strikes is more effective by a mile.

The Exception to this is quantum. Because of the way quantum's AM works, Core Strength almost always wins.
  11. Senko Committed Player

Going to be interesting to see how "stat rebalancing" will affect this when it happens.
    • Like x 2