Copy & paste

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Templeton, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Templeton Active Player

Now I'm not sure if this is really the right place to talk about this but I'll say it anyway. So there's a problem I've had with this chat for years. I can't paste a message. Let's say you want to create a group for raid or you want to trade something and you got an offer, or you're making a group for feats. The reason I can't paste messages is because ctrl button is used to switch chats, so it won't allow you to use CTRL+V in game. Tried to look up in settings thinking that I can change that but there's no way to change the chat switch button. I also have a keyboard with macros, thought using them might make things faster even if I can't use ctrl+v, but the macros are incredibly slow it makes typing by hand a LOT faster, there might be an way to change the speed of the macros but that's another matter for another day. Being able to change the chat switch button would be a benefit for every PC user.
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Gold Sellers seem to have perfected this copy/pasting thing.
    But it's probably a break of TOS to contact them.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I play on pc, and I have no issues with copy and paste, fair enough it does change your channel if you don't do it fast enough, but overall it doesn't affect me much when I do CTRL V
    • Like x 1
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

I know what you mean op, and if you are too fast you'll switch channels. Try to hold down the CRTL button the whole time and after copying / pasting lift the "v-finger" and then the "crtl-finger" if you will.
    I would need to replicate it after work but I think I automatically hit enter while I still have my finger on the crtl button. It works everytime. Try it and give us feedback :)
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

Just put the /g or /lfg
    That is how it works. Just hit the V, then release the control. Also, if you're in a main chat like /g /shout or /lfg, you can just have that bit in your message you're copying. "/lfg Looking for whatever".
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You might want to take a gander at the TOS you agreed to. MACROS are against TOS in DCUO and will get you banned.

Do people ever read anything they agree to?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Kzinti Committed Player

I think it is only for Macro's that let you do something beyond human capabilities. Macro's that do Human level stuff is ok I believe
  8. loganbach New Player

Using a macro of any form is against the TOS. Whether you ,tune it down or not. It still gives you an advantage.
    • Like x 2
  9. Dene Devoted Player

Yep.. i will try to find it but years ago a Dev specifically said that it was ok

e.g,. I macro my extra mouse buttons, with my loadout, on PC.. nothing i do is beyond human, my powers do not hit quicker or get clipped etc
  10. Dene Devoted Player

TOS states the following re: macros etc

1st : you cannot
    • Create, use or provide any server emulator or other site where any Daybreak Game(s) may be played, and to refrain from posting or distributing any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to any Daybreak Game(s) without the express written permission of Daybreak.

2nd: Macro is mentioned only once in the TOS - it clearly states that as long as you do not get advantage over others e.g. speed etc that macros are ok

CHEATING

Maintaining the integrity of the Daybreak Games is extremely important to us. When an end user obtains an unfair advantage by cheating it can ruin the gaming experience for everybody else. You may not disassemble, reverse engineer, or modify any Daybreak Game(s) software in any way. You may not decrypt or modify any data transmitted between the game software and Daybreak’s game servers. You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak. All forms and methods of cheating, including hacks, bots, aimbots, and duping are expressly forbidden. The sale or exchange of accounts, Virtual Items, Virtual Currency, Krono and/or in-game currency for real world money or monetary value is prohibited, except when purchased from Daybreak or otherwise expressly permitted by Daybreak in its sole and absolute discretion. Daybreak reserves the right to suspend or permanently terminate the account of, and restrict access to the Daybreak Games by, any end user that engages in any form of cheating, or that attempts in any way to disable, circumvent, or tamper with any anti-hacking or anti-cheating components or features of any Daybreak Game(s).
  11. JKwak Well-Known Player

"any kind of advantage"
    its not stated it has to be an gameplay advantage.... just an advantage
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Moving your key bindings is not a macro. A macro is linking more than two actions together like making it so that you can rattle off a dual weapon combo with one click.

What part of any and modifies any do you not understand?
    • Like x 1
  13. Dene Devoted Player

It states "modifies the game play in any way "

Me adding real time macros on to my mouse does not modifty the game at all

let me give you an example, I put powers 1&2 on 1 button on my mouse.. the delay is 100% the same as if a person did it because i have to wait for 1 power to execute before another (macros do not allow magic clipping lol - all the rules of dovetails etc still stand)

• Like x 1
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You're modifying the game from two clicks to one. So yes that is a no no. I guess it's ok if you cheat a little huh......give me a break. That is a macro and any macro is still a macro.
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I will add that a macro makes sure that the clicks go together at the exact same time interval and regular reflexes are not 100% accurate......So yes that is an advantage.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dene Devoted Player

Wow.. you think i'm cheating ? Thanks...

Like I said.. report me for cheating then. The devs will 100% see my actions do not speed up my rotations at all and therefore is not giving me any advantage
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Read the quote above and yes you are gaining an advantage because your macros are going off at the exact time with one click when a normal player not using macros has to click 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 times while you click one time.That is an advantage and cheating. Some players might think that sucks but those are the rules.

In PVP especially..... You click one time and look for when you need to block or lunge while they are clicking away.
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I have mice and a keyboard that I could do this but I do not. I also see understand that advantage that it gives. No matter how small you might think that it is.

Then think about adding clipping animations into the macros you are using. You can pop off a bunch of combos with the clear advantage over one that does not. Average players will miss clips. While the macros will not miss the clips because they are set on a timer?
  19. Dene Devoted Player

tbh most of the time it doesnt go 1+2 - it goes 1 *nothing* I then hit same button and because 1 is on cooldown it goes to 2. So maybe the game blocks it, in a way...

anyway.. I obviously interpret advantage differently to you- interpretation is the spice of life.

I have been doing this for years and a long time ago i read a dev say that this particular kind of macro was ok.. I will try to find it.
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The game blocks most of them and there is a reason for that. Some people understand that there is no difference between a white lie and a lie and some do not. The same goes for macros. A macro is a macro no matter how small it might be.

There is a reason why DCUO, football and any other games have rules in writing. That word any in the TOS covers all macros and anyone caught using a macro would not have a leg to stand on if they got hammered because it is in black & white so to speak.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying YOU CHEATER. I'm telling not to do it because it could cause you problems later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.