Controller ?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Marckenson Cazeau, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Marckenson Cazeau New Player

Hi, according to the description of the rao amulet artifact, it says '' Your Controller Debuffs are (20/30/40/50)% stronger '' Does that include the impact of power https: / /dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Horrific_Visage and other powers of the mind. I mean more clearly at 50% stronger, the enemy will turn more often into horrific face or I am wrong. Also, who has more dominance over bosses, controllers or Tanks? Can you tell me the difference between the dominance of a controller and a Tank? Finally, why doesn't the boss turn into a horrific face with my mental controller? please
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The amulet of rao only affects debuffs and not crowd control (cc).

Debuffs are attack debuff, defense debuff, and heal debuff.

Attack debuffs make your enemies do less damage when affected by it.
    Defense debuff makes your targets take more damage when affected by it.
    Heal debuff makes your target heal less when affected by it.

Crowd controls (cc) are types of effects that impair your targets movements. These include stuns, knock backs, roots, encasments, and yes even turning to ghost among other forms of cc. These types of effects are not current affect by artifacts.

Debuffs are not currently affected by dominance while CC currently is to an extent.

Dominance only affects targets when your dominance is higher than theirs. To know if you are higher look at the instance that you are in. Alerts and raids have a dominance requirement which is listed in the on duty tab. If your dominance is at or higher than the requirement than you will be able to affect them with CC. Having more dominance than the requirement will not make your CC stronger. And bosses are not affected by forms of typical forms of CC. You can CC then in a way only by countering or interrupting them. The only other form of CC comes from explosive block which is typically not advisable for bosses unless you know what you are doing.

With that being said, dominance is used to calculate how strong your shields and heals are. This goes for both tanks and trolls (healers and dps too). The bug difference between tanks dominance and other rolls are the tanking mechanics. For example. Earth gets more defense the more dominance they have and atomic will heal themselves when using a combo based on a percentage of their dominance, etc.
    • Like x 2
  3. Marckenson Cazeau New Player

Thank you so much :)
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No problem. Glad it helped.