Controller Question

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by JaeBlazee, Aug 31, 2015.

1. JaeBlazee Active Player

hey guys, im coming back after a few years off, just wondering whats the best power for controlling? i know you may say play as you want, but im sure stuff was nerfed, etc.. but im just wondering overall what do you guys think? last i was here i used quantum, before that was mental but we know what happened with that power (maybe its better now?)
  2. Delta795 New Player

Controlling is the same no matter what. PoT, debuff, insta power, weapon attacks.
    They all do it well
    • Like x 1
  3. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

The troll side of all the controller powers are good. What separates them is the dps side.
  4. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Each has one ability or special trait that differentiate's them from the others.

Gadgets - Strongest return power SC, Decoy(for aggro) and stealth.
    Mental - Transmorph power, stealth
    Quantum - Hard roots, and teleport
    HL - No Weapon Controlling
    Munitions - Two type pull from one power, other traits(I'm unfamilair).

Overall giving power works the same way for all of them and follows the same formula's for how much is given. CC is the same way although some powers have more melee abilities than others. Some have more shields or specific types of CC.

Check out the guide's or youtube to get a better idea of what each power can do.

Dark also has a controller thread in oracle's data base that has info on all controller powers.
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Gadgets also is the only trolling power that works extremely well with Pet powers.

I personally have used all but Mental. Of the other 4 all are good, it is just a matter of opinoin.
    • Like x 1
  6. Naudia Nyce Well-Known Player

My personal preference is mental over all others, you can set set it up like a mini-tank if you want.

TK shield, and Granduer timed properly can give a mental troll 100% dmg mitigation at all times, top that with one of the coolest stuns in the game "Horrific Visage", a PoT that stuns (in my opinion) far better than any others, and the group shielding SC that restores power, it's pretty awesome.

All in all mental is the most survivable troll in PvP without question, apart from the survivability, the troll power is really up to you, they all have the same debuff tools and power return tools, but it's your personal preference on how those tools work against the NPCs that sets apart the trolls classes.