Controlled Flash's High Regeneration in Solo

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by DCUO Addict, Apr 8, 2018.

1. DCUO Addict Committed Player

This morning, I ran the regular version of the solo on two alts and had no problems. I just tried to run it on a third, and after releasing Captain Cold, Flash's health would not go down. After several minutes of getting no where, I wiped to reset it and try again. This time I got as far as letting out Mirror Master, and the same thing happened. So I left and re-queued. This time, I couldn't even get him down far enough to throw the energy.

Each time, he was taking damage, but he was regenerating it just as fast as I could dish it out. He wasn't going back to full health. His health was basically staying at a set level.
    • Like x 1
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Happened the same thing to me. When it gets to 'S' in Flash it regenerates and won't go down.

I used supply drop, trinket, orbital, and still nothing. Since the server was going down, I kept playing.

Did the damn thing for about 5-6 minutes and still no go.
  3. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Yeah he still healing himself....just ran it.
  4. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I've run it a few more times with mixed results. On one of my alts, I still need the feat where the starros get fully charged, so I wasn't shooting them off the bars or cycling off the energy. That's when I seemed to have the most trouble. But it's oddly inconsistent.

When it does happen, I also tried hitting him with everything in order to try to get his health down: orbital strike, supercharge power, back-up, and supply drop and trinket for bump to damage. All to no effect.
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

When Flash is healing himself................Are you trying skip the starro's on the cell doors of the Rouges?
    That is the only time I have seen this happen.

If this is happening even after letting out the Rouges that means it's probably a trigger that is not working right.
    That issue can be a pain in the rear to figure out sometimes.
  6. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

When cpt cold comes out...no damage is done to flash as he heals as soon as you hit him. Thats when i see it. But im thinking it is due to the coding since he “Must” get frozen into the block of ice. Take a look at his health at this particular point next time you run it.
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I
    I knock him out all the time when he is in the ice block. but..... That is when I usually use a trinket or two. Something must definitely be off. Are you PC or PS?
  8. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Before he is in the block...he heals himself constantly
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hey gang,

Don't want to leave you hanging. I spent most of the day yesterday reworking the mechanics for his regeneration which meant needing to change other things to support the new system. QA is testing it soon and we hope to get it out to you guys soon.

Unfortunately the original issue was never reproducible internally here at the office and if it happened on the test server it was extremely rare (and maybe it never did, can't recall). The mechanics, on paper, and in practice internally, worked just fine. Something on the Live servers or with a combination of abilities, server processing, player behavior, etc. creates this behavior. The first several fixes were logical assumptions and backups to what could theoretically break it or help reapply the no-regeneration phase over and over until it took. Clearly, that isn't helping.

Thus the retooling of the mechanics. The way Flash 'regenerates' is different now so that potential original implementation, that we have to assume is causing the issue in certain cases, is out the window.

TL: DR

* Retooled the back-end mechanics of the Controlled Flash regeneration to allow more stability between phases
    * Reduced the timers for the Starro feeding on the cell doors so that they trigger their next phase sooner (this allows for a quicker process in achieving the Patience is a Virtue feat)
    * Reduced the time needed to complete opening the cell door via the console
    * Reduced the hitpoints for the Starro feeding on the cell doors
    * Sped up the time that Rogues will activate their abilities
    * Reduced the amount of juggling the toy copters would do to Controlled Flash

These are some of the changes but we'll see what else has to occur via testing results from QA. My own testing has this working fine but it worked fine last time, so... ;)

Sorry for the wait and frustration.

Thanks.
    • Like x 14
  10. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Thanks sooooo much for looking into this!
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Awesome & TY. I feel your pain. I don't know how many instances I have had to start from scratch because of triggers not going off within the set parameters given. It's like Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. :mad: Then I'm like. Did I have some save points in my data?:oops: LOL