Condescending remarks towards pet powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by NoPhilosophy, Nov 27, 2016.

1. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

I keep hearing this argument made about sorc and earth, about how their pets do all their damage as if they are "less of a man" for using them.

Why is where the damage comes from such a big deal to these people?
    • Like x 1
  2. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

i kn right? as if just pressing 1234 or spamming 1 power over and over again make them "more of a man". at least with pets i can look for counters with my weapon. can't even remember how many times back then when i ran sorc heal/dps where i'm the only one lunging a raid boss in his face to interrupt, coz the tank don't understand counter mechanics and the other dps just focus on hitting their AM rotation. thats "more of a man" than any one in the group
    • Like x 2
  3. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Less of a man? or superhero?

Since when other video game players justifies your sexuality, race, gender etc.
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

Earth DD here. As an Earth user, I have to say with how Olympus is being run with Munitions everywhere using Biggun, it's basically me just walking my Crystal through the raid. In most content though, I do a lot more than just power crystal. Yet when those Munition DDs press a button and wipe a whole bunch of adds they're seen as gods o_O
  5. Hale Well-Known Player

It's crazy bcuz out of the top powers earth and sorc are the closest thing to old school dps'n
    • Like x 4
  6. Here2Help Devoted Player

Indeed. I love Solar Flame clipping my powers whilst people are next to me either spamming Arctic Gust or hitting Biggun once and acting like they're the best DD on the game.
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No clue. I put in so much work with flip slash clipping. Most other powers just stand around.
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Hey, I have a munitions alt. It takes a lot of practice hitting that big gun button. :)
  9. bmce84 Loyal Player

It's ok, when stats and powers change everyone will have to use more tray powers, sadly tho new pet players will have to get used to a radically different way of playing since they'll need to do more damage.
  10. xD25x Dedicated Player

Been saying the same thing for awhile now. Pet users who maximize the damage output are the closest thing to old school dpsing. What I think contributes to a lot of the hate are the dual pistol spamming dps'es who depend on nothing but the pet.
    • Like x 2
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Lol earth, celestial and sorcery are the top DPS powers that require more involvement nowadays instead of just 1234.
    • Like x 1
  12. xD25x Dedicated Player

What's funny is that when celestial dropped it was widely regarded as the easy mode dps because players can play strictly from the tray and didn't have to incorporate weapon attacks and also because it was extremely power efficient.
    • Like x 1